⇒ CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

ZELENA'S FARMHOUSE WAS their destination, and as soon as Wilma, Killian and Emma got there, they were joined by the witch herself, and Rumplestiltskin. Frankly, Wilma was still trying to understand that he was truly back, that he wasn't just some illusion, but unfortunately, he wasn't on their side either — not yet, at least.

  "Wilhelmina, dear", Zelena's malicious laughter reached Wilma's ears, "always a pleasure", she winked, causing the brunette to grow visibly uncomfortable, even if they were on entirely different sides of the large yard. Luckily, she didn't have to stand against her alone, and before she could even defend herself in any way, Emma had shielded Wilma with her body, and Killian had angrily leaped towards the witch, only for Rumple to use his magic to hold him off. But at least he tried.

  "You bloody stay away from her", Killian growled, evidently unhappy with Zelena's previous attempt to murder Wilma, and the chance that she could do so again if she just wanted — and concluding from the keen interest she had taken on Wilma, perhaps she did want that. Or, at least, that was what they assumed, but apparently, the wicked witch had other intentions now.

  Laughing again, Zelena shook her head, and turned her gaze from Wilma to Killian. And somehow, that scared Wilhelmina even more. "Don't worry, I've accepted that getting rid of her is a tad harder than I was ready to waste energy and time on. Instead, I think I shall attack someone else entirely", she grinned, and with one simple word, she had ordered the Dark One to throw Killian across the crisp air into the nearby water bucket, where he began to violently fight against the magic pressuring him below the water.

  It didn't take Wilma long to realize that Killian was about to drown, and at that, she leaped into action. With her heart pounding against her chest with fear, Wilma rushed towards her pirate, but before she could get even near him, Zelena had used her magic to immobilize her, freezing her to the ground and making it impossible for her to move. Panic spread out in Wilma, and she instantly looked over to Emma, who understood that it was up to her to save Killian — with that, the Savior rushed towards the drowning pirate and tried to yank him out of the water.

  Rumple and Zelena vanished, leaving Emma and Wilma behind, both of them desperate to save Killian, but it seemed hopeless. Wilma had never before felt so utterly helpless — her fate seemed to be this cruel, twisted game Zelena was playing, forcing her to just stand there and watch the love of her life slowly slip away, each second taking him closer to an eternal darkness. Wilma could not move, but she could cry, she realized that when she felt her salty tears on her bottom lip, her scared brown eyes staring at Killian, who suddenly stopped moving. That was the worst she could have imagined, seeing the struggling and writhing end, but eventually, all that was left was his weak, floating body, suffocated by the water he couldn't help but let in him.

  Luckily, Emma could finally pull Killian out of the water, once his body had nearly given up, and in an instant, the blonde shot Wilma a scared look. With a fierce stare, Wilma encouraged Emma to do what was necessary, and the woman tried to revive Killian in the old-fashioned way, but when it didn't seem to work, she let despair lead her into pressing her lips onto the pirate's in order to bring him to life.

  And as she did, a wave of magic erupted from the attempt to save Killian, and with that, the spell on Wilma wore off and the woman stumbled forward, able to move once again. She wasted no time, she rushed over to Killian and fell onto her knees, cradling the man in her arms and her frightened eyes seeking any signs of life from his pale features. Much to Wilma's relief, he eventually woke with a gasp, and once his blue eyes met hers, confirming that he was still alive, Wilma hugged him tightly and let her tears meet his wet hair.

  But then, she realized what had happened. In a way, Emma and Killian had kissed, meaning that Zelena's curse had worked — Emma's magic had been removed, and it earned a sad sigh from Wilma.