⇒ CHAPTER EIGHT

IT TOOK WILMA ages to fall asleep that night due to worrying about Belle and if she had gotten home safe with Mr. Gold, and then thinking about Killian. It was a vicious circle she couldn't get out of — whatever she thought about, she always ended up reminding herself of how her heart leaped at the fond nicknames Killian had a habit of calling her with, or how her palms had collected sweat as the man had cornered her and closed the space between their bodies and just downright teased her with his low voice and intense gazes. Yes, the charm and confidence had quite the effect on her, but it was the dark side in him that caused Wilma to suffer from insomnia. Not the violent, vengeful dark side — no, it was the damaged, misunderstood, kicked side that made Wilma want to hold him and tell him that good things would come his way eventually and that he, as much as everyone else, deserved a happy ending.

  And when she finally fell asleep, she ended up dreaming about Hook. It was impossible to end — the crush she had developed on him was growing out of control and she didn't know what to do about it. If anything even needed to be done.

  In the morning, Wilma woke up reluctantly at the familiar sound of her favorite Bon Jovi playing from her phone, meaning that someone was calling her, and the realization of that eventually forced her to open her eyes and grab the phone before answering the unexpected call. Granted, it was already nearly noon, but after a couple of rather eventful days, Wilma considered herself worthy of a proper sleep which she was yet to have. However, the voice of Mary Margaret motivated her enough to get up and search for clothes as she greeted the woman with the first smile of the day twisting up her soft lips.

  "I'm sorry for waking you up. I just— I heard you were with Belle yesterday, and I thought you should know. She was, well, in a, uh, accident last night and she's at the hospital. Actually — a lot of things happened and, well, we're here too, if you want to catch up and pay her a visit, maybe?", was Mary Margaret's careful explanation, which definitely kicked Wilma awake if nothing else did. Immediately, her mind wandered to Killian and whether he had something to do with this accident or not, but instead of voicing her thoughts, she kept her response to as few words as she could.

  "Thank you, Mary Margaret", Wilma breathed out with worry, "I'll come there as quickly as possible."

———

  WILMA LOVED HER Iron Maiden to bits and pieces, which was why she, despite driving over to the hospital due a rather unfortunate situation, couldn't help but enjoy as she stepped on the gas pedal of her old school Corvette and sped to her destination. The satisfying growl of her baby made Wilma grin as she leaned back on the leather seat and let the open wind tug on her loose curls, with her boot pressing on the gas and her hands gripping the steering wheel tightly. As someone who had passed the hospital a couple of times during her stay in Storybrooke, it didn't take Wilma any more time than necessary to get there and park the speedster before jumping out and grabbing the keys, adorned with key chains resembling her favorite fictional characters, with her. However, before she rushed indoors, Wilma stopped to lick her thumb briefly to wipe a stain from the shiny red paint making her car the beauty it was.

  Once her Iron Maiden was safely parked outside the hospital, Wilma reminded herself why she was there and the growing worry in her forced her to erupt into a rushed sprint and make her way inside, only to stumble on the way and nearly collapse onto David's arms as she entered the hospital. Concern was twisting Wilma's features, as was gratitude as she shot David a look to thank him for catching her before her face got a taste of the hospital floor, and the worry seeped through her voice whilst she shrugged her leather jacket onto her shoulders better and wiped her curls away.

  "Where is Belle? Is she okay?", Wilma questioned, evidently troubled by the bad news Mary Margaret had woken her up with, and glancing at each other, the woman herself, David, Emma, Leroy and Ruby shuffled awkwardly.