⇒ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"OUR BADASS TEAM needs a theme song, don't you think? I was thinking Supermassive Black Hole, you know, for that badass vibe", Wilma voiced her thoughts, though with a quiet voice, as she walked behind Killian and David at the docks, both of the men giving each other glances, but electing to not comment on the woman's idea. "Fine, then at least tell me what's the plan here", she rolled her eyes, disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm her glorious idea received, but at the realization that perhaps a theme song wasn't what they needed right now, she decided to drop the matter.

  Killian chuckled, grinning as he turned around to give the woman a look. "Step one is finding Greg and Tamara. Step two is killing Greg and Tamara", he suggested, but in response, both Wilma and David gave him doubtful looks to question his state of mind, causing the pirate to sigh. "To get everyone to the Enchanted Forest, we need the small bean to create a portal", Hook continued, looking around again in case Greg or Tamara happened to jump out and surprise them. But so far, they hadn't seen or heard anyone or anything.

  Wilma gulped as chills ran through her body at the mention of a portal, considering the last time she witnessed one, it wasn't such a happy moment. If anything, it was the opposite — a bad memory, a nightmarish experience that left a gap in Wilma's good heart, making it just a tad harder to not crumble merely at the mention of magic beans and portals to another worlds. But instead of letting that weakness, that vulnerability, break through again, Wilma forced herself to chuckle.

  "A small bean?", she lifted an eyebrow, "don't know what you're talking about, we already have David", a comment which confused Killian wonderfully, but made Charming smile. And that was good enough of a combination to make Wilma do the same.

  The light chattering was interrupted by a loud clank on the other side of the building, which meant that they weren't alone — and instantly, David drew out his gun. As the man led them farther, holding up his weapon, Wilma quietly hummed a classic rock song to set the mood, but she quickly stopped once they came face to face with Greg, and David demanded the beans for himself. Gulping, Wilma tried to stay behind, and Killian made it easy for her by shielding her with his arm and making sure she wasn't going to get caught in the crossfire, a gesture that she appreciated greatly.

  Greg pulled out a small glass jar containing the magic beans, but before David could take them from him, a gun went off behind them and indeed, it was Tamara. Only the sight of her made Wilma angry, and although she had tried to be smart and act reasonably, she wasted no time — Wilhelmina ran towards her and punched her straight in the face, which actually hurt a bit, but she ignored the throbbing pain and let the adrenaline and fury fuel her as she gave a deadly stare to Tamara.

  "You know, I'm usually a calm, nice girl, but you really bring out the worst in me", Wilma spat venomously, lifting her fist to throw another punch, but before she could, Tamara directed her gun at the woman and pulled the trigger. Luckily, she couldn't pump Wilma full of lead when David had already saved the situation, pushing Tamara down and separating her from Wilhelmina just as the bullet launched from the barrel and went through the ceiling. Gasping, Wilma realized that she had been this close to suffering the same fate as Neal, and it made her shoot David a grateful look, but he had no time to notice when Tamara had already ran off and the man followed right behind.

  Wilma was tempted to go after Tamara, and help David in the process, but once she spotted Killian and Greg wrestling for the beans, she decided to help the pirate instead. Just as Greg disconnected Killian's hook and threw it across the floor, Wilhelmina stepped on it to stop it from sliding away, and with a sudden rush of confidence, the woman grabbed the sharp object. Unsure where she found the bravery to drive her so far, Wilma approached Greg, and with one swift movement she had smacked him with the hook, causing him to fall off of Killian. And gosh — it was such an oddly satisfying feeling, to fight the bad guys, to do the right thing, even if it meant hurting the villain in the process.