⇒ CHAPTER FIFTEEN

OPERATION PRAYING MANTIS was a badass name, for sure, and that was only one of the reasons why Wilma was profoundly excited for whatever their operation held, what kind of plans and adventures they were destined to go on. This excitement kind of blew off the next day when Wilma realized it wasn't such a mysterious, amazing experience after all — but helping her friends was quite enough. Still, she had expected a bit more than a simple phone call from Emma, which had totally interrupted the party she had in the shower, but when the woman informed Wilma that her assistance could be of use at Snow and Charming's loft, she had no intentions to argue — even if she had to stop vigorously lip-syncing Girls/Girls/Boys into a shampoo bottle.

Once she considered herself presentable, Wilma headed out and it only took her a couple of minutes to walk to the loft, which she entered with David's permission. To be honest, Wilma wasn't quite sure what was going on, but she wasn't wrong when she expected to hear everything after taking a seat next to Mary Margaret by the kitchen counter, whilst David made some tea for their guest, with that whole domestic handsome towel-over-shoulder look.

"Long story short, someone has Regina. Emma thinks it's Tamara, so she went out looking for her with Neal. We stopped by Gold's shop for some magic in order to locate Regina", David explained, and drew in a breath before adding, "here's your tea", and handing Wilhelmina the hot cup of tea she foolishly sipped on, only to burn her tongue in the process. Giving the man a grateful look, Wilma tried to bring her mind up to speed and deal with all this new, confusing information. As much as it pained her to admit it, she was strongly leaning into the same lane as Emma, and her doubts against Tamara were only building up — yes, she always tried to see the good in people and have an optimistic outlook, but the truth was, perhaps she was an exception, but one day, someone hostile and volatile was going to enter Storybrooke.

And maybe those volatile people were the shady stranger and the unexpected fiancé.

"Speaking of magic... Emma mentioned the beans. Do you intend to, I don't know, leave? Go back to the Enchanted Forest?", Wilma then spoke up, carefully drawing a sip from her tea as she eyed Snow and Charming, both of them glancing at each other with parted lips and wide eyes, clearly surprised to hear such a question. But truthfully, ever since Wilma first heard someone mention magic beans, she had been thinking about the outcome — would her friends return to their former life, leave behind the world that Wilma had only just discovered?

Even worse, she could only relate and sympathize, in the belief that she would do the same thing if given the chance, but frankly, she had no clue where she'd go or who she'd be with if these people, if this town would leave her. But there was one more alternative that Wilma had never even considered, which was surprising from the dorky fangirl.

Snow turned to look at Wilma again, and with a hint of a smile, she shrugged. "I think you'd be more than welcome to come with us, Wilma. Who knows, maybe you could have your happy ending there. With Hook, possibly..?", the princess suggested, placing a hand on top of Wilma's, whose face heated up instantly at the wild idea, but instead of disagreeing, she just let out a nervous chuckle and glanced down to avoid gazing into Snow's hopeful eyes.

"Yeah", Wilma muttered, "if only he was here", reminding her friends that the man had disappeared and was yet to make a dramatic return, which made Snow frown.

"He still hasn't showed up?", Snow sighed, and as a simple response, Wilma shook her head with evident disappointment. In fact, the disappointment ran so deep it surprised even Wilhelmina herself, who hadn't expected the crush to ignite so quickly and turn into a raging wildfire within her heart, but she had been proven wrong. By now, it was clear as a day that she carried some serious feelings for Killian — and not just because he was phenomenally hot, but because he was a genuine person, someone intriguing and amazing, someone capable of making her smile and feel warm and fuzzy inside. And just the thought of him was so addicting, Wilma couldn't help but continue to hope and believe that one day, Killian would be back and she would feel that same kind of bliss she did whenever she stared into his beautiful blue eyes or listened to that magnificent accent as it played tricks on her heart.