Chapter 6

AVI’s P.O.V

  The days passed quickly and before I knew it, the weekend had arrived. Throughout the week, Alice and I kept a good relationship, but no significant breakthrough. Not that I wanted to rush things, but so far not a trace of her memory had been rescued, and I was trying to keep calm and assimilate the hypothesis that perhaps this could take longer than expected.

  My wife was constantly talking with parents and siblings outside the country, and I took advantage of her absence to advance some projects for the band and solo songs. Among my moments of composition, I could see the interest of Ali on the guitar. Well I wish that were a progress, but she was playing for fun long before she met me. Anyway, see her covet the creation of a song appealed to me, since she started writing me, shortly after the beginning of our relationship.

  It was Saturday morning, Alice and I were packing up to go to the beach with the guys. I was sure it would be great for us, even though she wasn’t so fond of the sea. My sister had sent me a message saying she was coming to the apartment and I was waiting for her arrival. Esther 's car broke down last night, and she was forced to take a cab to our home to get a ride with us. Normally Ali could to fix the car, but I didn’t think it could be the best idea to suggest at the moment. By the way, she had no idea that Esta was coming and it would be nice to keep it that way. I know that anxiety was consuming her.

  Things were already packed and over the counter in various bags: towels, beach chairs, snacks... everything seemed to be ready, only missing Alice, who was taking forever to get ready, probably for not have any idea where to find a bikini in the unknown closet full of junk. As I put everything next to the door I realized I really needed to pee. Esther sent a SMS at the same time, asking to open the entrances because she had arrived. I unlocked the door and liberated her entry in the intercom and directed myself to the bathroom. Before I knocked on the door, Ali opened it with a smile on her face.

  She was wearing a casual dress of slight transparency, released by the body to middle thigh but adjusted by a simple blue belt, stuck below the waist. Under it, I could see the tropical bikini, bringing on top a mixture of colors and in the bottom, the neutrality of black. I couldn’t help but smile, and it should have last a long time, because when I finally looked up at her face, she was blushing.

- Hmm, are you ready? - I asked, breaking the silence.

- Yes I am, I'm sorry for the delay. We're already going? - She said still blushing avoiding contact with my eyes.

- Yes we are, things are by the door, just let me go to the bathroom – thank God I came back to reality, because I was almost peeing my pants.

  She nodded heading to the entrance and I passed hastily by her, going to the bathroom and finally relieving myself. While washing my hands I heard the door slam and a scream coming from the room.

  Oh no.

  On trips, I ran to the cry that was certainly Alice’s, and came across with the same hiding and ducking behind the counter while Esther was with the hands up in surrender, trying to explain between fright and laughter.

- Who are you, how did you get here? - Ali spoke aggressively and hid with cowardice. I swear I heard her growl. I should have recorded it.

- Calm down Ali, is me, Esther! - My sister tried to approach slowly, still laughing at everything, but Alice ran, hiding behind my body, and drooping, looking at me confused. I laughed.

- Honey, is ok, this is my sister Esther. Her car broke down and she came here to go with us to the beach. Forgive me, I should have warned you. - I felt the grip of a fingernail on my back and ignored. I deserved. – Don’t you remember her from the hospital? - I said taking her from behind me and stroking her hair. She threw glances between me and Esther, showing guilt and uncertainty. Shaking her head, she sat up and looked at Esta, which dissolved the surrender gesture into interlacing fingers and a look of longing.