Chapter 10

AVI's P.O.V

- Thank God everything is great. The last few weeks have been peaceful and pleasant. Ali remains with no memory development, but she’s not killed by it. Now she is working on relearning how to drive, settle some documents to leave MG, and recovering passwords of bank accounts.

- And what about you two?                     

- Good... we're good. She’s a little distracted with the organization of life itself, but I felt an approximation. The way she looks at me sometimes, it's different, more attached ... I'm gaining her slowly, but it's still hard... I miss us, you know? I'm tired of waiting for her to regain her memory. If necessary, I’ll start all over. Make her fall for me again.

- You know you can count on my support, right bro?

- I know I can! Right now I'm just a little worried. She’s having headaches, weak but existing ones. We called Dr. Mary and she said it was probably just a reaction to the medication, and that it would continue happening, sometimes with more intensity. We scheduled an appointment for monday, just in case. I just want her to be well.

- Are you also okay? Your voice sounds hoarse... come on Avi, you know you have to take care of your instrument, right?

- I know, I know! But… now that you mention it, maybe there's something wrong with me. My body feels heavy, I have felt some pain, my throat is failing and sometimes I feel the need to... to... to... ACHOO! - I didn’t control the sneeze and it came audible enough to make Alice jump into the room and Kevin scream on the phone, starting to give me an earful for hurting his ears.

- Avi, are you okay? That's like the umpteenth time I've seen you sneeze today, and your eyes look tired… - Ali asked, approaching cautiously as I rose from the table.

- Everything is fine, it should be just a mild cold... Hey Kev, I'll call you later, okay? - I raised my hands to Ali, and soon after I turned my attention to my friend on the phone.

- Work on that 'mild cold' there, I don’t want to get the flu over the phone, God forbid it... - he whispered as we hung up, tearing me a smile between sniffs.

- It doesn’t seem so mild… you are sweating! - Ali said, picking up the phone I handed to her and leaving it on the table, watching me as I headed to the room to look for my slippers.

- Hey, today is a hot day!

- But you've already been like this for two days... come on, let me check something. - she pulled my shoulder, turning me and putting her hands close to my chin, turning them several times to feel my temperature. At first I sighed, thinking it was foolish and exaggerated until I notice the stamped concern in Ali’s eyes, which made ​​me smile internally. She turned her eyes to mine, shaking her head.

- You are not so good. Look at your posture, seems defeated!

  For the first time in all day I lowered my eyes, noticing myself. I really had the lanky body, slumped shoulders and fragile legs. Running a hand through my skin, it was apparent the extra sensitivity, and I scrunched my face, looking for an excuse.

- Maybe I can be just... just... tir... ACHOO! - I put a hand over my face and averted my head, sniffling a little more.

- Enough already - Alice said pushing me to bed - I'll look for the thermometer.

- Alice...

- Be quiet there, and don’t be so macho! - she pointed, directing me to bed, and I consented silently turning my back while Ali was heading to the bathroom and letting my body fall onto the mattress. Ouch!