| chapter one |

| → readers point of view ← |

You took in a deep breath, breathing in the warm, fresh autumn air. The wind blowing your skirt and your (h/c) (h/l) hair. You took in a deep breath with your eyes closed, letting the fresh air seep into your lungs. You smiled, thinking of spending the day with your friends at school.

You loved spending time with your friends only because you knew they would never betray you the way men did. Your longest relationship lasted 3 whole years but was ruined in only a single day.

Ever since that day you've made a promise to not only yourself, but to all of those who truly cared about you. That promise was that you would focus on your grades and volleyball and not boys.

But sometimes you think to yourself - can I really keep that promise?

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

You were walking in the hallway, smiling at all of the people who waved at you or called your name.

You remembered all the things your father told you to do before he passed.

"Always be polite."

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

"Do good things, and good things will happen to you."

Your father taught you many things. He was really your only knight in shining armor. He was the only shoulder you had to cry on during those dark times.

It's truly devastating he's gone but ever since then, you and your mom have gotten extremely close.

You felt a tap on your shoulder, causing you to snap back to reality. It was Sugawara Koushi, your best friend. "Oh, hey Suga." You said smiling.

He took in a deep breath and let out a loud sigh.

"Is something wrong?" You ask him furrowing your eyebrows. He didn't make any eye contact with you. You poked him on the shoulder making him giggle.

You lightly punched him in the arm. "Meanie! I thought something was wrong!" He laughed, showing his bright smile.

You smiled, knowing that you made your best friend smile. You love to make people happy.

You and your best friend walked to your next class together, talking and pocky and ice cream. You and Koushi have known each other for years. You two also just so happened to be neighbors.

You didn't pay attention to your English teacher, instead, you just spent the hour drawing. The second you heard the bell ring, you practically jumped out of your seat. You were eager to help your new friend. He was a 1st year. His name was Tsukishima Kei. He's on the volleyball team.

He put a form in your advice column. He asked you for relationship advice which was abbot strange to you because you've seen him play volleyball before and his style of playing isn't exactly what some would call fair.

He's not exactly the nicest person in the world but everyone deserves a chance to be happy. Maybe he's an asshole to everyone because everyone judged him because of his appearance.

"Maybe that's why he's such an arrogant prick."

You thought to yourself.

"Who's an arrogant prick?" You heard a dark, deep voice say from behind you.

You stopped walking, turning around slowly. You smiled. "Good afternoon Tsukki!" You say, being polite. "Tch." He said towering over you.

You weren't scared. You trusted he wouldn't do anything - and that's what led to your downfall.

He grabbed your wrists, pinning you against the wall. "Tsukki, please let me go. You're hurting my wrists." You say, smiling. Tsukki smiled back, but not the good kind. "You make me sick, ya know that?" He whispered in your ear, kissing your neck.

He stopped. "You're trembling." He said. "You're scared."

You held your breath. "And that just turns me on." Tsukki said, sucking your neck.

"Tsukishima. Please stop. I don't like this. I would just like to be acquaintances, if that's alright with you." You say getting a little frantic.

He didn't stop. "Tsukki stop!" You yell, eyes wide open. "(Y/N) IS THAT YOU?!" You heard Koushi yell. You heard footsteps..they were getting faster.

He was probably running. "Well, I've had my fun for the day. See you later, (Y/N)-Senpai." Tsukishima said waving, walking off with his hands in his pockets like he didn't just give you 3 hickeys.

You moved your shirt just enough to cover them when a certain setter came running up behind you. (Y/N)! What happened? Are you alright, I heard you yell..." Suga said in a worried voice.

You smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"(Y/N)-san...you don't look "fine"...don't give me that shit! You look pale as hell!" Koushi said getting louder. "Shhhh..." You say in an effort to calm him down. "Don't tell me to sh!" He said getting even louder.

You took in a deep breath, ready to explain what happened when he said, "(Y/N)-san...are those...hickeys?!"

Authors Note :

Hey there! Sorry for such a short chapter. Next chapter will be much longer, I was just really eager to publish the 1st chapter. I will be updating a lot and I cannot thank SayuwNao enough for making my story cover! Her covers are amazing you should definitely follow her! Thanks for reading! I'm honestly enjoying writing this story so far and you will meet Daichi in the next chapter! Maybe ♡