| chapter two |

| → readers point of view ← |

Koushi was furious once you told him what happened. He told you he would handle in but you ensured him you were alright. He insisted you weren't and you gave up on arguing.

That's exactly why you're being dragged by your wrist, to the gym, where the boys volleyball practice is being held.

"K-Koushi I'm fine." You manage, even though you're having the worst anxiety attack ever. "Shut up (Y/N)...you're always lying to me! Saying you're alright when it's obvious you're not. You try to make others happy and you end up destroying yourself in the end. Just stop. Stop lying to me!" Sugawara said with hot tears rolling down his face.

You embraced him in a hug. You felt tears in your eyes as well, not because of Tsukishima, but because...of Koushi.

When you got in the gym, you saw Daichi, the team captain, leading the stretches. You also saw Tsukishima lying down on his back in the bleachers listening to music on his phone.

"There's that little bastard." You heard Koushi mumble, pulling you in the direction where Tsukki was. He was sitting with a boy with brown hair and freckles. His name was Yamaguichi. You helped him (secretly) with his receives and he has improved a lot. You're a libero so it's your thing.

Tsukishima sat up, seeing you and Koushi approach him. Sugawara was yelling at him and you kind of doze off, not really paying attention to what he was saying. You put your hand over Koushi's mouth, so you could speak. "Look...Tsukki. I honestly don't appreciate what you did to me. You put your mark on my body and I don't belong to you. You took advantage of me and that's not okay. I forgive you for what you did, but I won't forget it."

He let out a loud, cold laugh. It scared you.

By the expression on your face, you looked mortified.

He continued laughing. "Y-you think, I'm gonna apologize to y-you?! Hah! As if." He said wiping tears from his eyes from laughing so much.

"Why would little dick!" Koushi yelled about to punch him when a tall, muscular boy with brown eyes and a sharp glare grabbed his fist.

It was Daichi. He was in your 9th grade class. You two were friends, but didn't communicate much.

He smiled at you. "Nice to see you again, (Y/N)-san. So...what's with all the commotion?"

Sugawara had explained to him everything that had happened (very over dramatically) and showed him my neck. "Hm...I see." Daichi said, analyzing it in his head. "Is this true, Tsukishima?"

"Yeah. I guess." Tsukki replied, obviously not giving a damn. "What do you mean you guess?" Sugawara asked angrily balling up his fists.

"You're making it sound like I was a vampire who bit her face off." Tsukki said with a sly smirk on his face as he got up. "But it's not okay." Daichi said firmly sending chills down my spine. Tsukki stopped walking. It caused some "unwanted attention" I guess you could say because the entire team stopped practice to watch keeping up with my life drama.

"Tch. Such a pain. Bye babe." Tsukishima said walking away. "Where the hell are you going? You didn't even stretch?!" Daichi said like a mother. "I'm going home. Don't bother." Tsukki said.

And like that, he was gone.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Daichi kept bowing to you, insisting you deserved more apologies when it wasn't even his fault.

Honestly, it was kinda cute. The way he said your name. "(Y/N)-san I'm so sorry!"

It was attractive but you quickly brushed away those thoughts remembering the promise you made.

You quickly remembered the pain and sorrow you went through and shook the thoughts of you liking him out of your head.

You stayed and watched the rest of the practice, only so you could walk home with Suga-san. You kept getting waves and looks from the boys on the court. Especially from the bald guy you later learned was Tanaka.

"Hinata! Stop focusing on the pretty girl in the stands and focus on receiving the ball! You may be able to jump, but it doesn't matter if you can't receive!" You heard Daichi yelling from the court.

It made you blush for the first time in a while.

"Hinata Boke!" You heard and "My best friend is off limits to all of you!"

You were getting sleepy. You didn't know how much longer practice would be, so you closed your eyes and fell asleep.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

You woke up completely surround by the boys who were on the court. Daichi stood next to you.

He let out a laugh. "Is our practice that boring?" He asked. "I'm a bit offended."

You waved your hands, ensuring it wasn't anything like that. You were just tired from a lack of sleep, that's all.

"I'm just messing with you!" He said. "Relax."

You stood up. "I think I'm gonna get going now. Suga is waiting for me over there." You said walked down from the bleachers. "Wait! (Y/N)-san!" You heard someone calling.

You turned around, a bit shocked to see Daichi running after you. "Yeah?" You asked him, yawning. "C-can I have your number?" He asked.

You smiled widely. "Of course!"

You gave him your number and started walking home with Koushi. He was talking, but you weren't paying attention to any of it.

Your phone lit up and a big smile spread across your face when you realized who it was from.

"Who's that?" Koushi asked. "Is it your BOYFRIEND?" He asked trying to get your phone from you.

"N-no of course n-not! I don't have a b-boyfriend." You say in defense. "You are BLUSHING!" Koushi yelled pointing at you in an accusing way.

The rest of the walk home was quiet between you and Suga but you were texting Daichi the whole time.

You got to your house and immediately took your shoes off before you walked in, saying goodbye to Suga of course. Your mom was on the couch glaring at you, anticipating your every move. "You were out a little late tonight." She said. "Sorry." You say walking upstairs to your room.

Your mom came in your room, kissing your forehead and saying goodnight.

You turned the light out and laid in your bed, still texting Daichi.

You two stayed up until 4 a.m with each other talking when you called Koushi.

"Yeah?" Sugawara asked you in a drowsy, rough voice.

"Suga...I think I like Daichi."

Authors Note :

Welp...there it is! Maybe it was too soon, but oh well. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!