Not Again

The buzzing of the alarm woke Rafael and I up abruptly. I whined as he got up and stretched.
"Do you have to go?" The need in my voice was pathetic but I really wanted to stay in bed forever.
He mumbled something before finding a different suit to wear in the closet and shuffling over to the bathroom.
I sighed when I heard the shower start and got up. Seriously, what the fuck am I supposed to wear?
I look into the closet and find a pair of light blue skinny jeans that I must've forgot about. I grab one of Rafaels plain gray shirts with "Harvard" printed across the chest. As I waited for him to get out the shower, I made my way to the kitchen.
"I bet he's hungover as fuck." I wager myself silently as I throw away the emtpy scotch bottle and clean up the splatter of it on the counter. I start a pot of coffee and pour a bowl of cereal. Most important meal of the day.
I finish my first cup of coffee and poor another as Rafael walks out of the bedroom fiddling with his tie, "Can you help me cariño?"
"Yea," I giggle and help him tie his tie as he helps himself to a drink of my coffee.
I pat his chest and smile up at him before going to shower.
The Harvard shirt was huge on me so I kinda tucked it in. When I walked back into the kitchen, Rafael was sitting at the table drinking from what was my cup of coffee.
"Next time you go to Harvard, get a smaller size please." I smile and sit across from him, watching him sip carefully from his coffee.
He places the cup down and smiles, "Next time you go to my closet, pick a different shirt." He winks and stands, refilling his cup and leaning against the counter.
I scoffed and got up, walking over next to him. I opened the cabinet beside his head and pulled out a different coffee mug.
I was about to fill it but Rafael grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me towards the door, "We have to go mi amor, you can 'shadow' me again becuase I don't want you to be alone."
I sigh and pull my arm away to put my shoes on, boy I need a new pair.

-------

I was sitting in Rafael's office reading a random book I found sitting on his couch. He left a few minutes prior to talk to Lieutenant Benson about something, I don't really pay attention.
He was gone for about an hour before I started getting bored, I wondered around his office and examined random things to try and satisfy my boredom.
"Ah, I knew you'd be here." The voice sent a chill up my spine as I turned around and seen the face I could've gone forever without seeing again.
"How did you..." He waved his hand in the air to shut me up and closed the door behind him.
"An ADA's office, sorta makes me want to graduate Harvard so I can compensate for my fragile ego like this." He winked as he stalked towards Rafael's desk.
I decide in a split second that I need to stand my ground. "You should, a collage education would certainly help you, sir."
He snapped his head in my direction and made a malicious smile that made me physically hurt. "Speak up dear, I can't quite hear you."
I opened my mouth but only a miserable whimper came out.
"That's what I thought. Came here niñita. I need to show you something"
My legs betrayed me as they shakingly carried me to stand in front of Nevada. "Please... leave." I stare up at him, pathetically.
He sucks his teeth and shakes his head, "What, is your lawyer boyfriend gonna beat me up?" When I don't reply, he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him, "I'll make you a deal mamí,"
I looked down and shifted my weight between legs to avoid his green stare but he only seemed to get angry.
Yanking my head up at an angle via a fistful of my hair, he stared at me like he was trying to look at my soul. "You meet me at the same spot we took you last time and I'll leave your little friend," He looked at the name plate on the desk and back at me. "Rafael alone."
I shook my head no at him and he tightened his grip on my hair, "8 pm, If you aren't there we'll have ourselves a problem. Consíguelo?"
I nodded, fighting back tears as he let my hair go and turned on his heels out of the office.
It took me a while to process what had happened and whether or not I was dreaming, but one thing I knew for sure. I can't let this man, this monster, hurt Rafael.