Compromise

"Naomi?"
I woke up to see Sonny's bright blue eyes in front of mine. "Huh?"
"We were supposed to be up an hour and a half ago." He stood up straight and put his hands on his hips.
"Shit," he cleared his throat. "Heck, Sorry." I stood and stretched. "Are we leaving now?"
He nodded, "I already put all your stuff in my trunk so," He raised his eyebrows while shrugging on his suit jacket. "Yea."
"I can't even shower, or change?" I glanced down at the jeans and t-shirt I had on since last night.
"Nope." He opened the door and motioned for me to go first. "Lieutenant wants me to stop by the precinct before I drop you off."
Sonny drove his own car so it was a nice change not to deal with small talk from a cab driver. Plus, I had actual shoes instead of the fluffy substitutes Nick got me. What wasn't nice, though, was the situation when we finally got to the desk filled office area. Upon arrival, Sonny and I became aware of the tension hanging in the air due to Rafael and Nick glaring at each other from across the room.
Nick was clacking away on the keyboard of Amanda's computer and Rafael was standing near the wall of Olivia's office stirring coffee with his finger.
I leaned towards Sonny and dropped my voice so only he could hear, "Can I wait in the car?" We were standing at the entrance just out of sight from the two men with death stares.
"Ya know, maybe you should talk to him." Sonny whispered in reply, but was also standing near me so neither of them could see either of us.
"Him as in who?"
"Him as in Barba." He turned to look at me instead of just leaning over and whispering. "He loves you Naomi."
My heart dropped so hard I thought the thud would draw attention towards me. Sonny wouldn't just lie about that but, "How would you know?"
He smiled and scratched behind his ear, "Well when ya left him standing in front of my apartment building he kinda told me that... just talk to him?"
I nodded and followed him as he walked into the ring of fire-y awkwardness. He strode past the coffee holding counselor and into Olivia's office, closing the door behind him.
Me on the other hand, stopped just shy of running into Rafael, "Hi."
"Cariñ- Naomi." He tried to hide the smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Shouldn't you be in Staten Island by now?"
Shrug, "He had to come talk to Liv about something."
"What? There's no case or anything they're doing right now. Did Carisi tell you about..." He looked over my shoulder at Nick, I'm assuming. Fin and Amanda weren't there so unless he was looking at a wall. "Mine and his talk?"
I smiled and tilted my head slightly to the side. "He told me you love me."
"I could've told you that." He scoffed.
"You should've."
"I did."
"Shh." I patted his chest and he took that as his chance to grab my hand.
He held my head in his and rubbed the back of it with his thumb. "I already convinced Carisi to bring your things back to my house while you were asleep."
I furrowed my eyebrows at his surprisingly calm smile. "What?"
"Nothing."
I narrowed my eyes at him. "You are one hell of a guy Rafael Barba." Nick audibly gagged in disgust, causing both Rafael and I to look back towards him.
He shot me a smirk and shake of the head. The contact was broken by Rafael's questioning, "What? Is there a problem Amaro?"
Nick bit his bottom lip and nonchalantly walked towards us. "No there isn't, counselor."
Fuck.
I stepped back and to the side a bit as Rafael took a few steps towards where Nick stood, hands in his pants pockets. This left me standing behind Rafael and next to Sonny, who had just exited the Lieutenant's office.
Just as Nick opened his mouth, Sonny and his comically thick accent interrupted. "Come on guys, whatever's starting here probably isn't worth it." He stepped forward a bit to put his hand on Rafael's shoulder.
I heard Rafael chuckle, though I couldn't see his face, before he nodded and strolled past both Sonny and Nick. He had gotten to the entryway and spun on his heels to face us again. "Carisi, when you're done here, please bring Naomi to my office. I won't be home"
Ok, Royal Duche over here.
"You got it counselor." Sonny agreed and that sent Rafeal strutting off to the elevators. "Be right back," He patted my head twice then walked off into the Lieutenant's office again. That left me and Nick. Why were we even here?
I had no idea what to say to him, "I'm really sorry."
"It's cool," He shrugged his shoulders. "One night thing, I get that."
"Yea but it's just that-"
"Don't." He raised his hand to shush me. "I just came here to say goodbye before I left but it doesn't look like Fin or Amanda are going to show up soon." He went back over to Amanda's desk and pulled the black blazer over his button up shirt from the back of Amanda's chair. "You can keep my sweater too." And left.
Well that saved me from any actual confrontation but now there was a knot in my stomach telling me that was what I should've done. Despite the fact it would be painful, it would've cleared my conscience. Lord knows I felt terrible for everything that's happened that past few days.
When Nick left and Sonny took his place back next to me, this time with a folder in his hand. "What's that?"
"Work stuff." He shrugged.
I nodded before looking up at him, "Did you actually bring my stuff back to Rafael's?"
All he did was laugh as he made his way towards the elevators, where Amanda and Fin were coming in from.
They politely said hi as they went into the pin we just stepped out of.
I thought that Rafael was kidding about my bags until Sonny pulled up in front of the court house.
"What are we doing here?" I turned and raised my eyebrow at Sonny.
He didn't turn the car off, he just motioned towards the building. "Go Naomi. I have to get back to work."
"Why'd you agree with him?"
"He's persuasive. In case you haven't noticed, he's a lawyer."
"I hate you." I opened the door and slammed it shut, not bothering to look back at Sonny. Mostly because it was cold and the wind was blowing from that direction but also since I was mad.
When I got up to the outside of Rafael's office, and Carmen just waved me to the door, I realized I had no clue what to even say. I mean, he had told Sonny to bring me here, like I was some kid they had joint custody of.
"Come in."
I hadn't even realized I knocked on the door. Reluctantly, I opened it as took a few steps in so I passed the threshold into his office but not enough to close the door.
"I said come in." He was sitting at his desk with his legs up on it, nothing new. The amount of discomfort I felt in his presence, however, was fairly fresh. I hadn't felt this weird around him since I met him. Even then I was relaxed enough to fall asleep on his office's couch. Now though, I wasn't able to take three steps forward without a new knot being formed in my stomach.
Some how I managed to bring myself to sit in one of the two chairs in front of his desk, the left one. Neither of us broke the silence, he just continued running his eyes across the file in his hand and I sat there trying not to fidget too much. Why was this so weird?
"Cariño," He finally started and sat his file down. "What can I do to apologize?"
I shrugged and stared down at the stapler on his desk, finding myself purposefully excluding him from my line of sight.
"Eres mi princesa." He was leaning across his desk now, I only seen because his fingertips brought my face up to look at his. "No sé por qué hice lo que hice, pero lo siento."
I laughed a bit as he ran his thumb across my cheek. "I didn't learn spanish in the one and a half days we were apart."
"¿Estás seguro?" He pulled his hand away from my face and smiled at me.
Leaning forward so I could rest my elbows against his desk, I shook my head at him. "I'm gonna learn Russian so you're not the only one who's cool with their foreign languages."
He smirked, which obviously meant he wasn't going to translate. "I'm sorry querido. Can we pretend this didn't happen?"
I nodded because frankly, I was ready to forget the weirdest three days. "Did uhm, she tell you how she knew Nevada?" Really hope he got who I was asking about.
"No, she just said you two were at a party together," I must've looked worried because he gathered my hands in his. "But I don't want to know the details, it's over mi amor."
"It's over..." I repeated. Remembering all the drugs, sex, alcohol, all the aspects of my life a mere two months or so ago. The memories rushed to my head, momentarily blurring my mind as well as my vision. "...over."
"Naomi?"
Rafael's worried voice brought back the reality. "Huh?" His stare made me laugh nervously in an attempt to make it less awkward. A futile attempt. "I'm good, I'm sorry. I'm gonna go now."
He watched me stand with a puzzled look on his face. "Go where cariño?"
"Right." I sat down and stared at the familiar stapler. What was wrong with me? "I'm tired."