Different View

Sonny's POV
"Counselor?" I walked up to Barba who was standing in front of my apartment building for some reason. "What're ya doin?"
He turned to face me and I glanced inside the glass of the door to see Naomi skipping along to the elevator. Ok maybe she wasn't skipping but you know girls, they skip right? His eyes were red like he was crying. Which was hard to believe because this guy was practically a gargoyle.
"Carisi, uh," He blinked a few times over what I thought was necessary. "I was just leaving."
I shook my head and put my hand out with a finger pointed at his chest. "Did you come over here to convince her not to move to Staten Island or something?"
Barba shifted uncomfortably and shook his head. "No detective, I came to apologize."
"Apologize?" I practically laughed in his face. "Yesterday around this time you were telling me you couldn't be with her and now you're sorry?"
"Ok well I was wrong!" He threw his hands up dramatically then rested them on his hips, "Is that what you want to hear, me admit I'm wrong? Well here you go, I was wrong. And I'm still going with my faulty actions. I let her slip right through my fingertips all because I-"
"Counselor you don't have to get loud." My anger faded and I was feeling bad for prying this out of him. Mostly since he was Big Brass Ego Barba and now he was a yelling mess, rambling about his wrong turn.
He took a deep breath before continuing at a non-yelling tone. "I know it's not the most ideal thing, that someone you work with be involved with your cousin but," He tilted his head a bit and finally made eye contact with me. "I love her."
"Oh."

-------

"Just, promise me she won't seriously hate me for this." I rolled Naomi's suitcase into Barba's living room and turned to him.
Buttoning his suit jacket and smirking, he made his way over to his front door. "Don't worry, I got you to forgive me so I can do the same with her."
"You better not be messing with me counselor." I followed him out of his apartment and down the hall to his elevator.
"No soy tan malo de un chico." He smirked as we exited his building and finally went our separate ways. I had to go get Naomi and hope she hadn't woken up since I left. Barba, I assumed went to his office or maybe the precinct, I don't know.
My answer was definite as Naomi and I walked into the squad room, or more like stood right before we'd be sucked into whatever was silently going on. Barba and Amaro were on opposite sides of the room, which sorta put a dent on mine and Barba's plan for forgiveness. We'd hoped Amaro would be back in California by now but I guess he stopped by to say his farewells to everyone excluding Barba and I, which he likely hated even more than when he left in the first place.
"Can I wait in the car?"
I looked down to see Naomi whispering directly into my ear so there was no chance of the two drama queens a few yards away hearing her. "Ya know, maybe you should talk to him."
"Him as in who?"
"Him as in Barba." I looked at her, mostly to she if she was about to punch me for even making the suggestion. Instead, I took the confusion in her face as a sign to continue. "He loves you Naomi."
She stared up at me with the strangest blank expression. I wasn't even quite sure what it meant, and I've known her for all 28 years of her life. It almost scared me when she finally said something, "How would you know?"
"Well," My hand instinctively raised and scratched behind my ear because I wasn't quite sure whether to tell her the truth or keep Barba and I's private conversation private. "When ya left him standing in front of my apartment building he kinda told me that... just talk to him?" I decided in the moment to keep the theatrics of the exchange to myself, she didn't need to hear about his borderline emotional breakdown. I kinda wish I hadn't seen it.
Before she could agree or object the idea of confrontation, I lead the way into the room. As I went into the lieutenant's so my front of "need to talk to Benson" would seem at least a little bit true. She took the chance and stopped in front of Barba so I guessed the plan would still work. Let's just hope Naomi didn't look into the office and see Liv wasn't even there.
Until I heard the counselor's voice go "What? Is there a problem Amaro?"
I thought I was just hearing things, but nope.
"No there isn't, counselor."
Glancing out the door, I seen Amaro standing in front of Barba and Naomi shying off to the side.
I walked as calmly as I could out of the office to stop an argument before it started. "Come on guys, whatever's starting here probably isn't worth it." I put my hand on Barba's shoulder because from what I seen, the guy just might've ripped Amaro's head off.
Instead, he chuckled, nodded, and began to stride past Amaro. Just as I was about to go back into the office I hid in for Naomi to make peace with Amaro, Barba turned around and flashed that signature cocky grin of yours. "Carisi, when you're done here, please bring Naomi to my office. I won't be home." Was that entirely necessary?
"You go it counselor." I was too happy our idea sorta worked to point out how duchey that was of him. "Be right back," I patted Naomi's head and went back into the office. Mostly on behalf of the fact I remembered I had to get a folder to drop off to Melinda at the morgue so that worked out.
I lingered in the office until I noticed Amaro finally leave, looks like this wasn't such a bad plan.
When I left and stood beside Naomi, who was awkwardly standing there, until she noticed I was next to her. "What's that?" She tried to seem interested but I could tell she was not content with whatever exchange just happened.
But I wasn't going to pry. "Work stuff."
She nodded. "Did you actually bring my stuff to Rafael's?"
I couldn't think of the defense I'd use to justify my answer to that so I just laughed and walked off to the elevators, greeting Fin and Rollins as they entered pass us. We rode in silence all the way to, not Staten Island, the court house. I mean, I'd rather go there than back to my ma's house any day. I love her, but she'd just pester me purely on the fact I don't have a girlfriend.
"What are we doing here?" She turned and raised her eyebrow at me. Like she didn't hear Barba specifically ask me to bring her here or something.
"Go Naomi. I have to get back to work."
"Why'd you agree with him?"
"He's persuasive. In case you haven't noticed, he's a lawyer."
She rolled her eyes and shot me an "I hate you" before opening the door and walking off into the building.
I watched her until she was in the building and pulled off, planning on getting a breakfast burrito or cannoli before I went to work. That plan, however, was ruined by a call from Lieutenant telling me to immediately drop off the folders and get back to the precinct.

A/N : idkidkidk it was weird writing from carisi's point of view but it like helped to tie some shit together??? some one let me know if i should like not in the future bc i have no clue.