Normal: Part 2

"Naomi, can you tell Carmen not to let anyone in? I need to get work done." Rafael was rubbing his temples as he leaned back in his chair.
Nod, I relay the message out the door to his secretary and close the door quietly as I step back into the room.
"Could you help me? I feel like I'm missing something but I have no idea what." He says, finally leaning forward and opening a folder.
I make my way over to his desk and start to help him sift through a bunch of legal documents. We spend a good hour searching for the needle in the hay-stack of almost identical papers. It had only been two and a half weeks since the Nevada situation but Rafael and I were trying our hardest to forget it all. I never really went into detail about what transpired the months I was with Nevada and I don't plan to, Rafi didn't need to know all of that.
At some point, we moved to the round table in his office and had uniquely labeled brown folders sprawled all over the place. I had my bare feet up on his lap, I ditched my heels back at his desk.
"Wait what's that?" Rafael held his hand out for the paper in my hand and I obediently hand it over. "How many times have we looked over this?"
I shrugged and made an "I dunno" face. "Why, is that it?"
"It's close enough." He smiled tiredly and pushed my feet off his lap before standing. "What time is it?"
"Noon," I glance up at the clock for a more percise answer. "...17"
He looks at me with an amused look, "Noon 17?"
"Mhm." I smile and nod as I stand and walk over to claim Rafael's spinny chair as my own. After I spin myself completely around at least twelve times, Rafi stops me abruptly with his hands on my shoulders and hands me my heels.
"We have to go dear." He ruffles my hair a bit before grabbing his suit coat off the back of the chair that made me too dizzy to walk.
Leaning against him as he packed papers into his briefcase, I pressed my cheek against his back. "Where are you goin'?"
"SVU, we have to follow this lead on a serial-rapist who just hit again last night." He turned and raised his eyebrow as I leaned against his chest, looking up at him. "What?"
I giggled and pulled away, "Nothing, let's go Rafi." I grabbed my jacket and smiled as I opened the door in the most gentlemanly manner I could manage. "M'lady."
He pulled me out the door with him by my wrist and seized my hand, lacing his fingers with mine as we walked towards the elevator and made our way out the building.
"Can we walk? I don't wanna be cooped up in a cab." I whine as he stepped to the curb to hail a cab.
Hesitantly, Rafael stepped back and started slowly walking in the direction of the precinct. "I guess, but it's cold cariño."
I plumped my bottom lip while staring up at him until he finally gave in and looked down.
"What?" He sounded slightly irritated, it was cute. When I didn't answer and just smiled in his face, he sighed and looked forward. "You're such a child."
I stuck my tongue out at him before getting up on my tippy-toes to whisper in his ear. "I love youuu."
A smile spread across his face as I clung to his arm and continued walking. He leaned his head down and returned the whisper, "I love you too."

-------

By the time we got to SVU, it was deserted. So Rafael and I made ourselves comfortable in the break room until the squad showed up. We were cruching on stale chips from the vending machine that were mostly likely way past their expiration date.
"Could you get me a pop?" Rafael handed me $1.50 in quarters to exchange with the machine.
As I did, I heard Sonny and Amanda's voices drifting through the precinct. I turned and handed Rafael his drink, then glaced out into the main squad room.
He took a generous gulp of the pop and abandoned the now half-full can in the trash can. "Come on."
I followed him out to where Sonny and Amanda were staring at surveillance footage on a flat screen.
"So, what do you have for me Rollins?" Rafael had dropped the chill attitude he had with me in the break room and traded it for his usual cocky one.
Amanda handed him a folder that looked exactly like every other folder I stared at today, the only difference was the labels. "Someone said they seen him in front of this drug store before he went in and allegedly raped the store clerk at around 1 am." She turned and pointed to the screen and Sonny picked up where she left off.
"So we got the security footage from both the store and the apartment building across the street," He handed over a picture of what looked like a doctor. "Facial recognition to Dr. Brent Forest."
Rafi nodded and set the papers he had down on the table. "Good, so bring him in."
"Fin and the Lieutenant are on their way to the clinic he works at." Sonny sat down lazily and finally noticed my presence behind Rafael. "Hey Naomi."
I stopped the little scribbling of notes I was doing and smiled at him, "Hi Sonny."
Eventually Olivia and Fin came in with Dr. Forest handcuffed. Three victims could positively identify him as the man who assaulted him but two others were hesitant.
"Witness IDs are the least reliable peice of evidence but the forensics put him with them all the day they were each assaulted." Liv reassured the squad. She was always so determined to catch these guys, I adored her for that.

Flashback:
"Niñita, get up." Nevada hovered over me, I was laying on the bed.
My head spun as I stood, still draped in the blanket that my bare body shivered under. "I just got to sleep N-"
He cut me off with the wave of his hand as he answered the phone that rung in his pocket.
"Yes?... Mhm... She'll be fine... Slap her around a bit then." He smirked before hanging up and pulling my blanket shield away from me. "Come on, some of my buddies are willing to pay good money for some time alone with you."
-------

"Cariño?" I look up at the green eyes inches away from me. "Are you okay?"
I glance over to see Sonny, Amanda, and Liv all watching me. "I uh, yea. I'm good Raf."
He nods and smiles softly before returning to a comfortable position in the chair next to me. We were all, minus Fin, sitting at the table in the sqaud room. They were discussing- uhm. They were probably discussing something and I was in charge of taking notes in case Rafael needed me to jog his memory later. All that was written on my yellow legal pad was "importa" on the top. Very importa indeed.