Gotchya

Naomi's POV
After what I assumed was two months of Nevada forcing alcohol down my throat and drugs up my nostrils, I got used to what I figured would be my permanent life. Not that he'd care much about how I felt, he liked the sturggle I put up.
I stopped missing Rafael and Sonny and everyone else. Not that I didn't like them, I just became numb to it all. Numb to the drugs and needles and all the alcohol. Numb to the way Nevada would grab me and touch me wherever whenever because what I said made no difference. Numb to the parties I went to almost every night wearing tight short dresses and seven-inch heels.
Every once in a while I'd think of Rafael, but knowing I'd never see him again just reminded me to stop.

-------

Nevada and I were at a house party, different from our usual club scene but nonetheless still "fun."
He pulled me through the crowd of people with a tight grip on my wrist to the bathroom. There was a line to the bathroom but he's Nevada Ramirez. He pulled me with him to the door, slammed it open, and kicked out the couple getting handsy on the sink.
Shutting the door and locking it behind us, he sat on the edge of the tub and pulled out a bag of some special delivery he got recently but hasn't got the chance to try out yet.
He smiled slyly up at me and patting his leg, "Sit niñita, you can have the first few lines."
Happily obeying his orders, I sat and watched as he organized four lines on the back of his closed fist.
I did three lines and was halfway through fourth before I heard "NYPD! Freeze!" and the door busting open.
Nevada pushed me off his lap and reached into his waistband but quickly froze. I looked up from my spot on the floor to see who was on the other side of the gun in Nevada's face. Sonny.
He stared down at me before shaking his head and handcuffing Nevada. He handed him off to another officer before pulling me up and handcuffing me.
"Naomi, what have you done...?"

-------

"How did you get there Naomi?" Olivia and Fin were sitting across from me, they were somewhere in between treating me like a criminal and coddling me like a victim. None of us were quite sure what to think but I was going to try and protect anyone this time. But I also wasn't about to play the scared little girl.
"What do you mean?" I glanced behind them to the window that I was almost positive Sonny was watching from.
"How did you end up at a party with drug dealers and sex-traffickers, specifically in the bathroom doing drugs with the man you accused of kidnapping." Liv delivered it softly but worded it sternly and it caught me way off gaurd.
I opened my mouth to speak but thought again, where do I even start? "I uhm, well did Rafael tell you I left? Like three months ago?"
She nodded, "We looked for you for a while."
"Well uh, Nevada had a key because one time I left my keys in his car and before he gave them back he made a copy. Anyways, I woke up and Rafael wasn't there but Nevada was and he backhanded me or something, I don't remember. He made me go with him and do drugs and drink but at first I didn't want to but I got used to it so I'm also to blame." I looked up at their confused faces and added, "Please don't tell Rafael I'm here..."
Olivia opened her mouth to say something but before she could, there were three knocks on the one-way glass window.
"Exucse us."
I was left alone in the room. Left in the same situation I'd been in before. To think about what I had done and who would definitely want my head on a silver platter for doing it, again.
They had quite a few witnesses and criminals to talk to from the house party so I figured it would take a while. I put my legs up on the table and picked at my dress. The glimmering red sequins were giving me a headache and whatever I snorted with Nevada wasn't helping.
I was dozing off when I heard the door connected to the lieutenant's swing open and a familiar set of green eyes and a three peice strolled in and sat in front of me.
He looked so, tired. There were bags collected under his eyes and his hair was gray-er than the last time I seen him.
"Rafi..."
He shook his head and bit the inside of his cheek, "No, just tell me why you left?"
"Left?" I scoffed. "He took me and you never bothered to look!"
"Never bothered to look? Carisi and I looked for well over a month before Benson and the others told us it was no use. The texts brought too much reasonable doubt." He stared down at the table separating us, running a hand through his hair.
I sighed and blinked back the few tears already pricking at my eyes. His usually calm and slick demeanor was replaced by a flustered, stressed one. I'd never seen him like this.
"We have to charge you," He looked up at me with sincere eyes.
"What? No, I just like," He glanced up at me with a confused look. "He made me! I didn't leave, he had a key and-"
"How'd he have a key Naomi?" I rolled my eyes at his interruption.
"Weren't you watching? Like from there?" I pointed over to the window.
He shook his head and stood up. "You were arrested for drug charges and you'll be held for them."
"No Rafi," I stood and grabbed his arm before he could leave. "Please, you can't do this."
Instead of the sympathy I excepted, I received a vigorous arm shake and slammed door in my face. He's changed and I couldn't even blame him. What was once a poised, clever man was now a dreary shell of a person. And I was to blame.
I stood there stuck in the state of realization for a moment before Olivia came back into the room. She came up behind me and softly tapped my shoulder.
"I asked you not to tell him I'm here so you send him in here to be the bearer of bad news?" I turn and look at her, noticing she looked more sad than angry about this whole situation.
She led me to the door and opened it to let me out of the cement box of guilt. "We see you as more of a victim here Naomi, he forced you to be there. If you're willing to testify against him you won't be charged."
I nod slowly as she guides me through the empty squad room to the elevator. "So where are we going?"
"Well for starters we'll put you up in a hotel, it's pretty late so you can get some rest. Then tomorrow we'll come get you for more questioning."
We get into the elevator and start our trip to a nearby hotel.

-------

The hotel wasn't anything too fancy but it was a cute little room with a mini-fridge and TV so that was good enough for me. It was, however, paradise compared to the chain of hell-holes Nevada had me staying in the past few months.
I got changed into some pajamas Liv borrowed me and settled into the giant white comforter that covered the mattress. I spent about ten minutes flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. Nothing but bad late night talk shows were on, fun fun.
I got a call from the hotel phone around 1:45 am. Not that it bothered me much, I was no where near falling asleep.
After three rings I answered, "Hello?"
"There is a ... Rafael Barba here for you, would you like me to send him up?" It was the front-desk guy.
I froze when I heard the name before replying, after the man reminded me I was still on the phone, "Yea, I mean yes, send him up."
Less than five minutes later, knock knock knock.