Chapter 3: A New Enemy . . . and a New Crush?

"Oh Vegeta!!! Vegeta darling!!! Can you come out here for a second!!?"

I groan loudly, mainly to myself. It happens to be the Woman's Mother.

What the hell could she possibly want? Besides from serving me some of the earthlings' ridiculous lemonade and fawning over me as if I'm a mere child?

I shut off the Gravity Machine and head toward the exit. It is without a doubt that I'm going to have to brace myself for another one of her affectionate attacks.

It's times like these when I cannot help but reconsider if working under Frieza was really that abominable.

The instant when I step out of the chamber, I am expectantly greeted with a tray of pink lemonade and a smile that nearly cuts the blonde ditz's face in half.

"Vegeta darling! Would you like some lemonade? You deserve it after all of that intense training you do!" she happily chirps.

I try not to grimace. Cheerful people like her normally make me blast them to ashes. Even after living here in the Briefs' household for at least a year, I am still getting accustomed to certain things.

For example, one of them is how a lot of the earthlings show off a sense of natural glee and optimism. Not the usual fear, hatred, and killing like how I'm used to.

I nod. She eagerly pours me a glass and hands it to me. I gulp down the creation in one swoop.

"Thank you," I mumble.

The Ditz tilts her head at me and giggles. "Oh my Vegeta, you are such a darling! And such wonderful manners too! I wish Bulma would open her eyes and see how much of a kind man you are. I still adore that Yamcha boy, but he doesn't show Bulma proper respect."

I chuckle and give her a smirk. "Now that is something I can agree with. Loyalty is a serious matter we valued seriously on Vegetasei."

"Oh I'm glad we see the same thing! So many people take love for granted these days. I'm grateful that my husband and I have stayed strong for all of these years."

The Woman's Mother sneezes and wipes her nose with the back of her hand. "Please excuse me Vegeta. It must be the Spring weather affecting me."

I let out a small sigh. I really want to go back and train. But I can't just blast the Woman's Mother to pieces or yell at her until she passes out.

I do not hate the Woman's parents. On the contrary, I do kind of envy Bulma for having both of her parents well and alive in her life.

"Mrs. Briefs, is there something you need to tell me? Otherwise, I will return to my training."

The Ditz opens her eyes in realization. She has the same shade of blue that her daughter possesses.

"I completely forgot! Vegeta darling, you have a visitor waiting for you in one of the lounges."

This is new. Who in that pathetic group of "Z Fighters" would want to visit me? Maybe the Namekian is willing to hold eye contact with me, but the rest have always looked like they're about to shit their pants whenever they see me.

"Who is waiting for me?"

"Why it's Goku of course! You two have such a wonderful friendship!"

Of course, it has to be fucking Kakarot. What does the hell does he want?

"Now I think poor Goku has been waiting long enough. Come, I'll take you to him."

Before I know it, the Ditz loops an arm around one of my own and begins to pull me away. A sense of embarrassment seizes me when I see that we're passing through one of the compounds where the scientists are performing experiments outside.