Chapter 18: The Battle (part 2)

"I can't believe you'd say that at a time like this," Bulma mutters affectionately as a tinge of red appears upon her porcelain cheeks. 

She opens her mouth to say something else until a sudden blast hits her, causing Bulma to collide against one of the palace's broken walls. 

My woman cries out in pain when sharp pieces of debris cut her skin.

"Bulma!" I screech. Before I could even fly to her side, I'm instantly stabbed by a few spears that rifle through the same shoulder that was wounded earlier. 

I clutch onto my shoulder desperately with my other hand since my left arm is almost about to be torn off. My vision is once again hazy as multiples of " Yamcha" dance around in front of me. I barely feel myself falling toward the right until a pair of strong arms catch me. 

"What the hell . . ," I trail off. I look up and see pairs of emerald eyes staring down at me in worry. 

"Open up. It's a senzu bean," Kakarot whispers. I am now aware of his fingers that prod my mouth open, and the tiny bean immediately travels down my throat. I swallow harshly despite how much blood has been coughed up earlier. 

Within seconds, my entire body heals rapidly. I sigh in relief when my vision clears up, and I briskly get out of the buffoon's arms. I rotate my once-injured shoulder only to find that it is healed completely as well.

Kakarot merely watches Yamcha or Amendial fight Piccolo whereas Tien uses his abilities to successfully dodge from Yuna's flying spears. I look back and see Bulma picking herself up from the floor and meeting my gaze with a tired grin.

"What are we going to do?" Kakarot asks. "I sure as hell want to beat this guy, but I don't want to kill Yamcha. It's going to take a while to gather all of the dragonballs again."

"I don't have all of the answers Kakarot. The only thing I can think of is knocking out the two of them and seeing if Yuna can restore that bastard to his original state."

"I thought of that too, but how are we going to make Yuna do as we say?"

"Easy," I answer while a smirk appears on my lips. "She'll have to do it, or else we kill her loverboy."

"Vegeta!" Kakarot warns.

"It's worth a shot." The third-class frowns at my suggestion, yet he nods afterward.

Kakarot and I observe the battle once more and see that Piccolo is knocked out cold. Yuna is about to stab Piccolo in the heart until a couple of energy beams suddenly strike her.

We twirl our heads around and see that Krillin and Chaotzu have finally joined us. 

"And here I thought you midgets were dead," I remark. My comment causes Krillin and Chaotzu to glare at the ground sheepishly.

Kakarot rolls his eyes. "You're not that tall either Vegeta."

"Whatever," I mutter.

"So what's the plan guys?" Bulma questions when she finally arrives beside me.

"Vegeta and I will fight Yamcha ourselves and knock him out. The rest of you should focus on Yuna," Kakarot orders.

"What!? We're not going to kill Yuna!?" Bulma screeches.

"Bulma, you know how I feel about killing. I don't want to end up like my brother. And besides, we need her alive so that we can return Yamcha back to normal."

The Woman huffs in dismay but reluctantly nods. "Fine. But I'm so kicking her ass for all the trouble she's caused." 

"Be my guest," Kakarot says. We finally split up to rush toward our respective targets. I take a quick glance and see that Krillin is carrying Bulma while she focuses her weapon toward Yuna.