Chapter 21: Epilogue

I am gently stirred awake when I feel fingers combing through my hair. Soft humming rings in my ears, and I shiver slightly once lips are pressed against the middle of my forehead. 

My eyes are still closed, but I smile when I hear the Woman giggling.

"Wake up sleepyhead!" Bulma says. "You said that you would take me to dinner at the Emperio today."

I let out a yawn, finally opening my eyes. I re position myself upon the love seat and then engulf Bulma into a lazy hug.

"I remember Woman," I state gruffly. "Just give me a few minutes to wake up first."

"Fine, but don't take too long. I'm starving right now!"

Bulma grabs a cup from the nightstand next to us, taking some sips and sighing contently. I smirk when I see my wife in similar casual clothing.

"You're not dressed for the occasion honey," I point out. "I thought you were going to be at that harpy's party all day."

My wife puts down her cup before snuggling into me. Her eyes shimmer as she places a few strands of her hair behind one of her ears. It's been a few months since we came back from Zhetra, and Bulma decided to cut her hair really short. She told me that she gets it cut a few times a year since she tires of her hairstyles easily.

I have to admit that the short hair really looks good on her. Not that I mind her hair being shoulder-length as well.

"I came back home early since you miss me so much. I tried waking you up a while ago, but you slept like a rock," Bulma cockily says.

"I'm tired from training," I fib. "I wasn't waiting for you to come home."

Bulma rolls her eyes and pecks my lips quickly. "I know when you're lying Vegeta. You were hoping I'd get bored of the party and come home early."

I laugh out loud, confirming that her suspicion was correct. "That harpy throws way too many feasts. She might as well open her own goddamn restaurant."

"Well, Chi-Chi is a good cook. Goku started eating a whole lot more after they got married."

I shake my head in slight disgust when I recall Kakarot's eating habits. My gaze is then drawn to the rings upon both of our fingers.

Bulma and I have gotten married a few weeks ago, and I gotta say that Earth Unions are very different from Vegetasei's marriages. 

Normally, two saiyans that get married would choose a weak planet and destroy it together to celebrate their love. However, Bulma and I just went on a trip around the world to enjoy some of Earth's best restaurants. 

"Woman, is it necessary to wear this piece of scrap metal on my finger? It's a very strange custom," I say. 

Mine was a very durable, silver ring that Bulma told me to wear at all times. I even wear it under my training gloves.

"Of course it is!" she snaps. "If I don't wear the ring, other men will think I'm single and flirt with me! And I don't want other women looking at my husband!"  

I immediately growl at her words. "What!? I'll fucking kill them if anyone looked at you!"

Bulma smirks. "I'm glad we understand each other."

"I've never seen any other man besides Yamcha have the hots for you though," I joke.

My wife's face flushes immensely as she scrambles to get up from my lap. "At least I'm a better match than a psychopathic bodybuilder who has the ego the size of the whole universe!"

I take this opportunity to stand up on my own and lean my head down to capture Bulma's lips in mine. I'm happy that I found someone to share my dark sense of humor with.

When we both pull away, Bulma opens her mouth to speak once more.

"Hey Vegeta, how are you doing in regards to becoming a super saiyan? Are you any closer to it?" she asks.

I pause as I think about my current progress. I have been training a lot more intensely, but I haven't figured it out yet. A couple of recent memories appear in my head, and I instantly relay them to Bulma.

"It's going to take me a while to reach that point. Kakarot told me that I may have some other type of power that is greater than a super saiyan. I've heard Beerus and Whis talking about other mortals that surpass super saiyans," I say.

"I wonder if they're from other universes. As far as I know, you and Goku are probably the most powerful fighters in our universe."

"That's what I'm thinking of too. If what they said are true, then I must push beyond super saiyan. I do have my greatest source of strength by my side," I state happily.

I can tell that Bulma knew what I meant but decides to tease me anyways. "And what is your greatest source of strength? Your pride?"

"No. It's this silly, loud, and crazy Earth woman who I met back on Namek. It's the woman who is my wife and my everything."

"Awww you're welcome! I love you Vegeta! Sometimes I think you're even nicer than Goku!" Bulma gushes as she attacks me into another hug. 

"Thanks Woman," I tease.

She immediately hits me on the arm. "Vegeta you didn't say it!"

"Say what?" I add while I erupt into a few chuckles.

"You know what!"

"Fine. I love you too Bulma. Do I have to tell you that everyday? We're already married."

"Yes, you idiot. I'm your wife. You should know how to treat a lady," she comments. Bulma hugs me harder and proceeds to look up and meet my gaze. 

"Vegeta, I have something to talk to you about. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I don't know how you'll react. I guess we should have talked about it before we got married, but it seemed like you were okay when Goku teased about it. I-I don't know. Maybe it's stupid. Or no, maybe it's not?"

I just blink stupidly as I slightly frown in confusion.

"What? Woman, just spit it out!"

Bulma stiffens before she exhales deeply. She licks her lips before voicing out her real thoughts.

"Vegeta, how do you feel about having a child together?"

----------

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

This is it guys! I'm so happy (and relieved) to finally finish this book. I believe I started this back in 2016, but I had trouble working on it for the longest time. I appreciate both old and new readers who take the time to read and enjoy it. 

Feel free to vote, share this fanfic with others, and let me know what you think of the story overall. I'm not sure if I will do a sequel for this, but I will definitely continue to write and tell fun stories. 

Anyways, have a lovely day for whoever reads this! 💜