Chapter 16: The Queen Returns

"Yuna," I pronounce disdainfully. "Why are you here? What happened to the rest of the Zhetrians?" 

Her eyes narrow into slits before she releases a dry laugh. "I did not kill my own people if that's what you're implying. They've all fled to the Armenian galaxies."

I let Yamcha go from the chokehold I had him in, standing up promptly. "And why is that? You're the only Zhetrian here. Shouldn't you be ruling over your people?"

"V-Vegeta . . ," Bulma says weakly. I turn my attention the Woman who is now wrapping her arms tightly around her chest. My lips are drawn into a stiff line of vexation when I see the purple streaks on her neck. 

"Is she the woman you told me about before? Back when we were at the Yanzan desert?"

It takes me a few seconds to recall the memory. "Yes, she is. But it doesn't matter anymore Bulma."

I hear a scoff as Yuna advances toward me. "What is that supposed to mean? I know it's been a long time, but I've never forgotten about you."

She grabs onto one of my hands with both of hers. Yuna gently rubs circles upon the top of my hand as she softly looks into my eyes. 

Brief flashbacks of a younger me holding Yuna's hand comes to mind. I could barely remember the memory as most of the picture appears to be obscure and almost unimaginable.

"We can finally be together again Vegeta," Yuna continues. "And no one will stop us this time. I've waited so long for you, but you're worth it."

As I was looking into her eyes, a gleam of gold zooms into my train of thought. Gold was the color of her fiance's eyes when he forcefully dragged Yuna away from me that day. 

I pull my hand away and look away in disgust. "I can't forget about what happened in the past. What you've done before was wrong. You played me like a fool."

Yuna's red eyes turn almost pink when they begin to water. "Vegeta, I know what I've done was awful. But I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I've gotten rid of Amendial because you're the only one I love."

I have mainly tuned out from her words until the last sentence rang clear to me. "Wait what!? You got rid of your husband?"

Yuna nods, giving me a foxy smirk. The kind that she used to give me whenever she was up to something. 

"It took a lot of work and time, but I've managed to subdue him." She casually lifts up a finger and directs it at Yamcha who is now standing up with hate upon his face.

"Since I'm not strong enough to kill him, I figured out a way to trap Amendial's soul into a new body." Yuna tilts her head and gives me a cheeky wink.

"You locked your husband's soul into Yamcha's body?" I reiterate, causing her to nod confidently. "Why Yamcha out of all people? He's weak!"

"That's exactly why I chose him hun," she says. I frown at the pet name. 

"This human was powerful enough to handle the soul's power yet weak enough to fall into temptation and be controlled. Unfortunately, I had to sleep with him but I'd do anything to get you back Vegeta."

Everyone else is silent as they process what Yuna had said. Thing are starting to make sense to me as I realize why Yamcha is so powerful now. I glare at the madman who is watching me like a hawk. 

Because that weakling isn't Yamcha anymore. I knew Amendial was Zhetra's strongest, but it irritates me that he hid this much power. Perhaps Frieza would have recruited him into his army if he knew the truth about Zhetra.