Chapter 10: Falling for the Woman

"Damnit!" Kakarot mutters as I strike a heavy blow against his cheek. I end up chuckling maniacally as he tries to hit me back, but I gracefully dodge him.

I leap off of a mountain to propel myself forward. Kakarot braces his arms in front of his face; nonetheless, it's futile to stop the power of my kick. The Third Class is thrown hundreds of feet away and collides against the earth, creating a crater.

I increase my energy and prepare to launch another assault, but Kakarot waves the white flag as he struggles to emerge from the rubble.

"I'm calling it quits today Vegeta!" he yells. I release my fighting stance and quickly fly over to him. The other Z Fighters cease their training battles as they join Kakarot and me.

The short bald one's eyes are about to implode from their sockets. "Goku! Did you just say that you're quitting training for today!? I've never heard you say that once in my life!"

Big Baldie lets out a laugh as he wipes the sweat from his body. "I guess even Goku has his limits."

I nod my head and smirk at the Third Class. "Are you finally acknowledging that I'm stronger than you Kakarot?" 

Kakarot scoffs as he finally sits upon a boulder, leaning forward to rest his hands upon his knees. "Don't get too ahead of yourself. I was surprised at how well you're doing today. You've been more aggressive and sharper with your attacks. It's like I'm seeing a different side of you."

I cross my arms before sitting on the boulder with Kakarot. "I'm always getting stronger. I am the Prince of the Saiyans after all."

The Big Baldie's pet looks amongst our group in confusion. "Hey, where's Yamcha? He hasn't shown up for training this whole week!"

Krillin gasps at hearing this revelation. "You're right! What the hell is he doing!? We have the Androids and the new enemy to defeat!"

I snort, causing the whole group to look at me. "We don't need him. He's a liability."

Piccolo tilts his head at me as his eyes narrow in suspicion. "Did you kill him Vegeta?"

"As much as I want to, I didn't. He's only being a little bitch because Bulma broke up with him last week."

My body tenses when Kakarot suddenly grabs my shoulders in order to pull me closer to him. I cringe when he face leans dangerously close to mine for my liking.

"Kakarot! Let go of me!"

"Did you say Bulma and Yamcha broke up!? Why!?" he questions loudly. I could have sworn the others' ears have grown bigger as soon as Kakarot asked me this question.

"You're talking as if you support the idea of them together," I growl. "Ask her yourself."

Kakarot finally unhands me as his shocked expression reverts to its bubbly state. "Someone is cranky. I know those two have broken up numerous times, but I thought for sure they would end up together this time. She was really in love with him, and Yamcha was putting in the effort."

I roll my eyes. "He's still trash. I'm only grateful that he's out of her life for good."

The others are silent from hearing my words. Kakarot pats my back and proceeds to speak until we all direct our gazes toward the sky when we hear and see a small aircraft landing near us.

The Z fighters light up when they see Bulma walking out of the space craft. The rest of the group except for Kakarot and I jog over to greet her. I quietly observe how she happily converses with the group while removing her sunglasses in order to reveal her lovely shades of blue.