Chapter 12: Consequences

After exhaling a deep breath, I push away the recent memories from when I was socializing at Kame House. It still feels foreign to let my guard down and reveal my true feelings, especially to a group who was once my enemy.

Nonetheless, I admit that I am relieved. I've spent almost all of my life suppressing my emotions since I refused to show any weakness under Frieza's rule.

My mind immediately drifts to the Woman, and my cheeks burn from thinking about her heavenly smile and gracious lips. I plan to kiss Bulma at the end of our date. A part of me worries that she might reject me ever since she got back together with that cheating scum.

I shake my head from the idiotic thoughts, traveling down one of the hallways in Capsule Corp. I should not worry so much. This is Bulma I'm talking about.

Bulma may have lost her mind at that time, but I can somewhat understand her attachment to the creep. He was her first love after all.

As soon as I come across Dr. Brief's lab, the automatic doors slide open and allow me to enter the room. The Woman's father is hanging upside down from a metal bar that connects to what appears to be a new Capsule vehicle.

"Panchy," he says without sparing me a glance. He hasn't noticed that I'm here. "Everything is going to be fine. They're just a couple of kids in love. I know how you feel but please have faith in our daughter."

I frown. I'm already getting a bad feeling about this.

The Woman's Mother appears from the back of the unfinished aircraft, handing her husband a long metal rod with the help of a tiny robot. Her expression looks very distressed from his words.

"I don't know honey. I know they have their on and off fun, but I think she lied to us. Something doesn't seem right about this. Did you notice the way Yamcha was holding her? He looked like he was about to squeeze all the life out of her." she mentions.

Yamcha!? Why that son of a-

I finally decide to reveal myself by marching up to the couple with heavy footsteps. "What the hell is going on!? Where's Bulma!? Is she with that cheating piece of shit right now!? What the fuck is this bullshit!?" I snarl.

They both look at me with worried pairs of eyes. Dr. Brief throws a capsule in the air, causing it to transform into a small, flat aircraft. It quickly helps him get down from the bars, and the couple makes their way toward me.

"Vegeta, I thought you already knew. Bulma and Yamcha have already left to outer space."

My jaw literally drops open from hearing his words. Mrs. Brief looks at her husband with a distraught face. I crumple my fists before releasing my right hand and blasting the entire wall to pieces.

"You fucking pieces of shit!!! Why the hell would you two leave your daughter with a cheating madman like him!? Yamcha could do anything to her if he wanted to, and they're in space together!? Are you out of your mind!?"

Mrs. Brief breaks out into tears from witnessing my rage. She smacks her husband repeatedly on the arm before collapsing into a messy heap on the tiled floor.

"You should have listened to me earlier! I told you something wasn't right! Oh god, what do we do!?" she wails.

Dr. Brief sighs, staring off into the distance as his mind conjures up a solution. Less than 20 seconds pass until he finally meets my sharp gaze. "Vegeta, follow me to the next room. The spacecraft they left on should have a tracking device on it. I'll program their ship to immediately return to Earth."

He extends an arm to this wife, helping her off the floor. The three of us jog over to the other room behind the aircraft.

We reach another room of the same size, but this room contains nothing but a large circular dashboard and a few monitors that surround us. There are also some large machines sitting at the sides of the walls.

Dr. Brief heads to the monitor sitting in the middle of the 3 and types furiously into the buttons preceding the screen. A hologram of a round spacecraft appears into view, and Dr. Brief types some codes that appear on the right side of the screen.

Dr. Brief hits a yellow button on the dash, causing the monitor to buzz loudly.

"Access denied. The tracking system has been disabled," an AI voice says.

"No way!!!" Dr. Brief shrieks. He repeats the procedure again, and the AI voice repeats the same message once again.

"Fuck," he mutters. He turns to me with stony eyes and a grimace on his aging face.

"You were right son. Yamcha is trouble."

My eyes slightly widen at how he just called me son. I quickly shake my head. Now is not the time to get all nostalgic.

"Is there any way you can reset the spacecraft back to its default state?" I ask.

Dr. Brief ponders over my question for a few seconds before deeply sighing in defeat. "No. I can't do that from this computer. I would have to be physically inside the spacecraft and use their system instead."

I scoff. "Knowing that trash, he probably destroyed it with an energy blast or something. Even if we could program the spacecraft from here, it would be impossible if part of their system is broken."

"Are you saying that Yamcha forcibly kidnapped our Bulma and didn't want to be tracked?" the Woman's Mother quietly asks.

"That is exactly what I'm saying. He's been more aggressive than usual, and now I'm starting to see why."

Dr. Brief holds his wife's hand as she cries into his shoulder. "There there honey. We mustn't panic. Even at a time like this." He meets my eyes with an expression of sorrow.

"I'll get her back Vegeta. I'll use another ship and look for her in space. I do have sensors enabled in all of my inventions that can locate where the other ones are," he pauses before continuing. "The problem is that they would have to be at a certain distance for it to work."

"That will take too much time. As soon as you start looking, they will be long gone," I state.

"Do you have any other ideas? They took our newest model, so it runs at the same speed as your Saiyan pod. I don't think Goku will be able to use his instant transmission to track them down."

A new thought pops up in my head after I process his words. I remember when the others and me had to latch onto Kakarot so that we can all travel instantly to the Supreme Kai's planet. Kakarot was given the energy signature from that fat god.

Maybe that purple god could lead us to where the ship is at.

I smirk at both of the Woman's parents, who just stare at me with puzzlement on their faces.

"Thanks. I know how to find Bulma now."