Chapter 8: Meeting the Supreme Kai

When I finally arrive at the Lookout, I make my way toward the center of the floating island where the rest of the Z Fighters are gathered. Some of the others look up at me with that same anxiety they show whenever I'm around.

I smirk in triumph, enjoying how the fact there are some that still fear me. Not everyone is immune to my presence as the Green One gives me an annoyed look.

"You're late Vegeta. I thought you would be the first one here with Goku," he says bluntly.

Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms and growl lightly. "I would have been here sooner, but that cheating dimwit was too busy sticking his tongue down the Woman's throat. I needed to deal with her first."

I hear Big Baldie release a chuckle. "Aww, are you jealous? I never knew the Prince of All Saiyans would have a crush on Bulma. It's adorable."

Another growl erupts from my throat as I give Tien the bird. "Shut up Baldie! You don't know shit! The Woman is too good for that low-class scum!"

Tien adjusts his gi as he throws me a concerned glance. "Jeez, I was only making a joke. No need to get riled up."

"Your joke was never even funny! Maybe you sho-"

"That is enough guys!!! Please!" Kakarot interjects profoundly.

I direct my attention toward the Third Class with irritation plastered all over my face as he steps closer to me, placing a hand upon my shoulder. Kakarot leans in so that no one else could hear him whisper.

"Vegeta I know you're upset about Bulma, but let's focus on the matter at hand okay?" he mentions softly.

I merely nod my head which causes Kakarot to pat my back a few times before facing the rest of the group.

"Okay everyone! Since all of us are here, we can begin talking about how to beat this elusive enemy!"

"Now we're talking Goku!" Krillin exclaims in joy. "What did you think of?"

I tilt my head slightly, feeling curious as to why we have all been called here for.

Kakarot clears his throat before addressing all of us with an eager gleam in his eyes. "We haven't been able to identify our opponent yet, but me and King Kai figured out who would be strong enough to find out who we would be fighting against."

"Who is it?" Krillin asks. 

"The Supreme Kai," Dende replies. "He is from the World of the Kais. And he is the strongest god in this universe."

I snort before releasing a chuckle. Everyone turns to me either showing disgust or confusion upon their faces. 

"What's so funny?" Piccolo asks.

"I don't understand. If this Supreme Kai is as strong as the little green one claims, why doesn't he get rid of this threat himself? We could also take care of our Androids situation."

"Gods don't fight Vegeta!" King Kai's voice booms out of nowhere. "The Supreme Kai does not interfere in lower worldly matters unless if there is something tragic that would befall upon our Universe."

"Bullshit," I reply. "He sounds lazy to me."

Dende tightens his grip upon his small cane. "Vegeta, you're disrespecting one of the greatest gods in the Universe."

"I don't give a damn! Where was Kami when Frieza took over most of our Universe and enslaved millions to work in his army!? Where was he when my planet got blown up!?"

No one dares to speak ever since I have given my outburst. The third-class is the only one who decides to respond. 

Kakarot straightens his stance and gives me a sympathetic smile. "I'm surprised you want the Supreme Kai to get rid of our new enemy. I thought you would want to fight this monster as much as I do."