Chapter 5 - Tomlinson

Well, things definitely didn’t go the way I planned tonight. When I accepted Harry’s suggestion to go out to distract myself I never imagined I would end up hitting Connor and running away with Robin. Neither did I imagine that she would recognise me and finally realise I’m part of the football team as well.

I’m not complaining, though.

But above all, I never fathomed that she would actually come with me. I know I’ve had a crush on her forever —okay, not forever but a long time— and I kind of imagined many scenarios for us, most of the time I did that unconsciously, when dreaming. But none of those dreams was like this, in none of those I imagined myself saving her from her ex, the biggest douche from the team, and then leaving with her to a different place.

Reality is better than fantasy, sometimes.

And I thank Jesus that I came on my motorbike so I can take her wherever I want.

Some girls like bikes, some hate them. Some prefer guys with cars, some don’t mind. I’m not sure what type of girl Robin is, to be honest I don’t know much about her besides that she really likes sports and she’s a great journalist, so I don’t know what to expect when we head to where I parked my bike. I must admit, I’m kind of nervous. What if she’s scared of motorcycles? What if she thinks they are reckless and a stupidity?

When we finally get to where the bike is waiting, I’m actually really anxious. I’m not normally like this, I swear, but there’s something about Robin. It’s like I have a huge pressure on me when it comes to her because of this crush I’ve had for so long. I guess I’m afraid that I’ve fancied someone for so long when maybe it’s been hopeless all the time and I’ve just wasted these months looking at her with puppy eyes. I’m afraid I’ve lost so many other opportunities because of this girl.

I stop next to my bike, it’s a Honda VFR800 in a wine red. This bike is my most loved possession, I worked my arse off to get it. She is my baby, and if Robin doesn’t like her… then my heart would be crushed. Maybe.

Still a bit nervous I look at her and I see her widening her eyes at the sight. I gulp, still nervous, waiting for a comment.

“Wow,” she says and I still don’t know what to make out of that. “It’s beautiful. Is it yours?” she asks next and I let go of the air I was holding.

“Yeah,” I reply with a small smile, happy that she likes it. “Oh shit,” I suddenly remember. “I have the helmet in Harry’s car. Wait a second,” I request and she chuckles.

I pat my pockets feeling my keys and when I take them, I sigh in relief. I brought the copy that also has a copy of Harry’s car. I normally do this in case I have to leave early because I don’t go around with my helmet.

The good thing is that Harry’s car is next to my bike so I open the boot and take the helmet I use and hand it to Robin. “Take this.”

“What about you?” She asks me and I shrug.

“It wouldn’t be the first time I go without helmet,” I tell her which is true. Sometimes Harry leaves before I do. I’ve got a few tickets because of that. “Let’s go.”

She stares at me for a few seconds, still unsure about it but she finally puts the helmet on and I hop onto the bike, waiting for her. I can’t help it, and I know it’s silly of me, but I tense when I feel her at my back, her arms wrapping around my waist as she gets comfortable on the passenger seat.

“Everything okay?” I ask and relax, enjoying the feeling. I like, I really like the way she feels behind me, holding on to me so tightly.

“Yeah,” she replies and I swear I can hear the smile in the tone of her voice.