Chapter 23 - Summers

I giggle at how silly Louis is acting, yet it's so adorable I don't want him to stop. I think we've been trying to say goodnight for fifteen minutes without success. Louis keeps grabbing me before I turn around to give me another kiss, and another, and another. Right now he's holding my face in both his hands and pecking my lips repeatedly and quickly, causing me to giggle even more, but it's so sweet I can't complain.

"Okay... this time... goodnight," he says between kisses and I giggle again because he's said that like ten times already.

We stayed in the bar for many hours, dancing, drinking and celebrating with everyone. Cheering and laughing. At the beginning it was only Louis and I, but then we joined the others and we had a great time. We were all so happy with the victory of today, but I was even happier than all of them. And Louis was next to me all the time, always touching each other. Sometimes we just held hands, others he kept his arm around my waist and others he hugged me from behind, with his chin resting on top of my head. He's exactly a head taller than me.

"Just... one... more... kiss," Louis adds between more kisses right before he deepens the last one.

I smile in the kiss and lean closer to sneak up my arms around his waist and hold on to him. You know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them. Well, I'm happily joining Louis.

"This is really not working out," I speak when we break the kiss but I stay in his arms, too comfortable and warm to let go.

"I'm sorry," he whispers but I can hear in his tone that he's really not sorry, so I smile hiding my face in the crock of his neck, breathing slowly and enjoying the smell of his cologne. I like it, it's fresh and manly, it's like Louis and it makes me happy to be where I am.

"You're not sorry," I accuse him and he laughs, hugging me a bit tighter.

"Can you blame me?" asks Louis as he plays with the short hairs at the back of my head. "In fact, it's your fault."

"My fault?" I ask back, pulling away from him a tad bit, just to meet his blue eyes and see his cocky smile.

Louis nods enthusiastically. "Oh yes, your fault. If you weren't that good at kissing we wouldn't have this problem. It's your fault I can't stop."

I laugh at his words and I feel my cheeks heating a bit due to them. I don't really know what to say so instead of uttering words, I stand on my tiptoes and kiss his lips briefly. I pull back before he can deepen the kiss again.

"I wish I could say I'm sorry," I joke and his smile gets cheekier.

"Blimey, I'm doomed." We both laugh at our silly banter and I just hug him tighter.

It's hard to believe we're like this now when yesterday I was losing sleep because I wasn't sure of his feelings, because I didn't know what to do, and because I was really frustrated. Even though we're kissing most of the time, it's like I can actually breathe now. It feels like I was holding my breath during all these weeks and now I finally can bring some air to my lungs. It's such a relief.

"Do you have plans for tomorrow?" he asks me a few moments later and I stop to think.

"I have to write the article of today's game, but besides that I'm free. Why?" I inquire, pulling back to meet his eyes and this time I notice his cheeks are a bit rosy and I doubt it's just the cold air.

"I was... well, I was thinking we could do something tomorrow. Maybe have lunch together and then going somewhere else. What do you think?"

I smile widely at him, already excited about our plans for tomorrow. "I'd love that very much."