Chapter 1

Thank you for all your support and encouragements. They mean a lot to us. Enjoy and let us know what you think!

***

**| Sang's POV |***

The early morning light streams in through the blinds in the window and tickles my face with its warmth. I moan and roll over, pulling the pillow over my head. Not a minute later, my alarm goes off.

I sigh and reached out, trying to find my phone to turn it off. It takes me a couple of tries of patting the nightstand before my fingers touch the phone. I take the pillow off my head and quickly turned off the beeping.

My body is sluggish as I get up and head to the bathroom in my small, bare apartment. There really isn't much here, not that it matters. I never let anyone come here.

I flick on the bathroom light and shuffle to the mirror, taking a long look.

Pale skin, dark circles under dull green eyes.

Nothing new.

"Everything is alright. You're alright."

I snort at my words. It hasn't been all right since I was eight.

The next hour is spent on taking a shower, drying my hair, and hiding the fact that I am probably dead inside.

The commute to work is short. I'm working as an administrative assistant at a small startup architect firm. I like the work and because the company is barely a year old, they keep me busy, overtime included.

"Good morning, Sang," Mr. Corsan says as he comes into the office.

I paste a smile on my face. "Good morning, Mr. Corsan." He unlocks his door and sends me a smile before slipping into his office, leaving his door open.

I begin checking over the hundred emails that were sent to my email box since I finished work yesterday. Because the company deals with people internationally, there is never a time when everyone is asleep. Emails stream in twenty-four, seven and since I am the first point of contact, I get them all.

"Sang!" a female voice yells and my head snaps up to find the source.

Arlene comes in, juggling a box of donuts and a tray of coffee cups. I jump to my feet and quickly help her, grabbing the box of donuts and one of her bags.

"Thank you, darling," the older woman says with a warm smile.

"What is going on?" I ask.

She lets out a huff of breath. "Deana decided she wants to feed the clients she's meeting in ten minutes."

Arlene goes over to her desk that sits next to mine but also next to her boss's closed door. I place the box and bag on her desk.

"Thank you, darling," she says, her smile thankful as she turns on her computer to get it running. She grabs the box of donuts and the tray of coffee before taking off across the hallway and into the conference room.

She comes back a moment later, empty-handed.

I'm sitting back at my desk, trying to figure out how to answer one of the emails.

"Is this week over?" Deana asks as she settles down at her desk.

I shrug. "Tomorrow will be Friday, so almost."

She sighs before clicking away on her keyboard. "Any plans for you?"

I shake my head as I lean back in my chair. "Just the usual."

"Going out?"

I nod. I always go out on Fridays.

"To be twenty-one again," Darlene laughs.