Chapter 24

Double update for today. Enjoy!

***

**| North's POV |**

I grip my rib as I watch the bastard run out the door. I want to chase after him, bash his head into the cement ground, make him hurt.

A whimper catches my attention and I swear as I slide over to Sang, on my knees, not giving a fuck that what's all over the floor is now getting all over my pants. She's slumped against the wall, one hand on her head, her other limp at her side. Her pallid skin is sweaty and her chest keeps going up and down in short breaths as she tries to breath properly.

"Hot," she moans.

Shit. She got fucking roofied. I knew her coming here was a bad fucking idea. Clubs are hunting grounds for assholes to find someone to prey on. And I almost fucking lost her. I was lucky to see that fucker leading her back here. I had to plow through the club to get to her and I was almost fucking late.

"Hold on, Sang Baby," I say, lifting her up into my arm. She's so fucking light.

I push through the emergency door, using my shoulder to get out into the cool night air. Sang shivers and pushes herself against me.

"Sorry," she mumbles. "So hot."

I tighten my grip on her, my throat in my mouth. I shift her weight and she curls into my chest, her hand gripping my shirt tightly as her face goes into my neck. Her eyes are closed and her breaths are ragged. Her breath fans against my neck, smelling like sweet liquor.

The parking lot is at the end of the alley and I head that way, making my way to the jeep. No one's around luckily, everyone too focused on getting inside instead of leaving. When we get to my jeep, I unlock it and carefully place Sang inside making sure to buckle her in. The moment I close the door, she slumps against it, her eyes still closed.

"Fuck!" I yell as I pull out my phone and red-line Sean.

A moment later, my phone rings and I answer it as I climb into the jeep. I quickly put the phone on speaker so I can focus on getting out of this hell hole.

"What happened?" Sean asks.

"Sang got roofied."

"Is she responsive?"

I glanced at Sang as I start the car.

"Sang," I call out.

Nothing.

My heart thumps hard against my chest and I grip the steering wheel harder.

"Sang!" I bark.

"What?" she mumbles. "Turn down the heat."

"Okay," Sean says. "Monitor her and bring her to my place. Make sure she stays breathing and responsive. We don't want her losing consciousness. If she does, bring her to the closest hospital and I will meet you there."

"Got it," I say and Sean hangs up as I tear out of the parking lot.

I keep glancing at Sang.

"North," she mumbles and relief floods me. She has to be okay if she's talking. Right?

"Yes, Sang Baby," I answer.

"You scare me," she mumbles and shivers. "Hot. Why is it so hot?"

I don't do anything because the heat isn't on and she's shivering. Her body is cold. I reach out and touch her arm. She sighs at the touch.

Her skin is fucking boiling.

"I like it when you touch me," she says. "It doesn't hurt so much when you touch me. When you all touch me." She lets out a self-deprecating laugh. "She always told me I was a whore. She always said I was only good for spreading my legs. She's right. She's always right."