Chapter 11

We have 4.3k beautiful words to share with you. Enjoy!

***

**| Luke's POV |**

I watch as Gabe gets off the elevator, his head bowed and shoulders slumped. This has really messed him up and I don't like seeing him like this. A part of me wants to confront Sang, tell her that her ignorance to Gabe won't only affect him but all of us, where as the other part of me wants to see how far she will take up the act of pretending to not know him.

Sighing, I press the button for the fourth floor and the door closes. Shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans, I let my thoughts go back to what Gabe was telling me not too long ago, how he's sure that this one-night stand thing is a regular for Sang.

A part of me hopes in some way that he isn't right, yet somewhere deep down in my gut I know that he is. I just don't want to believe it but for the life of me I can't make out why.

The doors open and I step out of the cart. I told Vic, Kota, Nate and Doc I was going to use the bathroom, might as well do so while I'm here.

I head towards the bathrooms but I can't help but pause and look through the door to where Sang's desk is. There she sits, eyes focused on the screen of her computer, hair pulled back and twisted into a clip, loose strands tucked behind her ears. Her face looks clear of makeup and she's dressed appropriately for a day in the office behind a desk.

I wonder how different she must look when she goes out.

As if feeling my eyes on her, she looks up and our eyes lock through the glass panel of the door. A frown dips between her brows before a smile stretches across her face. I offer her one back but even I can feel the strain of it.

I continue on to the bathroom and do what I need to inside. I sort my hair too, running my fingers through the long wavy strands before securing it back into a ponytail at the nape of my neck.

Pulling the door open, I pause when I hear laughter coming from further down the hall, from the kitchen I assume.

"Oh Sang, just admit they're attractive. The color of your face makes me think you do." I close my eyes, focusing on the voice. I'm pretty sure it's Mrs. Gerrette's but I can't be sure, yet she's the only other female on this floor apart from Sang and Arlene.

I step out of the bathroom and creep down the hall, my footsteps light. I stop just outside of the kitchen's open door and look around the door frame. Arlene is making coffee, Sang and Mrs. Gerrette sit at the small round table with some subs in front of them.

My eyes go to Sang's face, seeing the flush of her cheeks and her eyes focused on Mrs. Gerrette as she says, "I'm not admitting to anything, Deana."

Mrs. Gerrette—Deana—sighs and sits back in her seat. "It's been awhile since we had attractive young men in the building."

Sang nods her agreement but doesn't comment on it. Arlene however chirps in with, "I agree with you, Deana." She looks to Sang over her shoulder. "You should have your fun with one of those hot studs. It is Friday."

Deana gasps. "Yes, Friday. Where are you going tonight?" She directs her question at Sang.

Sang shrugs a shoulder. "I haven't decided yet. I did, however, try that new club last week, Club Minx. It was good there."

"Fresh meat?" Deana asks with a twinkle in her eye.

"You could say that," Sang murmurs.

"You know, I can't wait for the day you settle down. You'll realise then that there is so much more to one-night stands. Not that I don't approve of them, you're young and you only get to live once. Experience life to the fullest, I say. But yes, I can't wait until the day you come in and tell us you have a boyfriend."