Chapter 13

Enjoy!

***

**| Luke's POV |**

I'm laying on the couch with Sang in my arms. She's so small and warm. Soft. I don't want to move. I just want to lay there and feel her against my body, maybe go another round. Morning sex is always my favorite kind of sex, though with Cupcake, I think any kind of sex will be my favorite.

But a promise is a promise. I told her I would be gone by the time the sun came up and that would be in about two hours. I needed to leave. My chest aches at the thought. I don't want to leave her but if I go against what I tell her, she will push me away completely and I don't want that.

The last few hours were amazing and beautiful, and probably the most heart wrenching sex I've ever had. I learned so much about her tonight, about how she views herself, about her stubbornness, about that void she mentioned. If she'd only let me, I would fill in that void so it never has a chance of coming back again. I'll fill it with sweetness. Sugar and spice, and everything nice.

She needs nice.

I carefully slip off the couch, my body feeling cold not pressed against hers. I pause long enough to stare at her naked body. The shape of her beautiful breasts, the curve of her waist, her pale skin, strong legs. The way her mouth is slightly parted as she sleeps. Her blond hair falling around her shoulders.

She shivers and I lean over, grabbing the throw blanket and laying it over her. She turns and curls so that she faces the back of the couch and I nearly moan as her firm ass sticks out from underneath the blanket. I quickly fix it so she's properly covered. I quickly straighten up the living room, cleaning up as best as I can without disturbing her before grabbing my clothes and going to the bathroom. I quickly wash up and put back on my clothes before going back out.

Thankfully, she's still sleeping so I slip into her kitchen and peruse the options she has.

It doesn't take me long to realize she doesn't have much. Just the basics. When's the last time she had a home-cooked meal? She has the kitchenware and everything looks well-used but well taken cared of so she can cook. I eye her trash bin, half-filled with takeout containers.

I look through her cupboards once again, not wanting to leave her something as simple as oatmeal to eat. Sugar is the most important ingredient in the morning to provide the energy needed to get through the rest of the day and I want her day to start off right. I smile when I find everything I need, including the chocolate chips. I work quickly and quietly, not wanting to wake her up. Something tells me she would be very upset to find me cooking in her kitchen.

I'm nearly done when I hear movement. I look over to see Sang standing in the door, blinking sleepy green eyes as she stares at me with an emotion I couldn't pinpoint. It isn't one I've seen before. If I had to guess, I think I would say she is pensive and a little restless, but I'm not sure.

"I thought you were gone already," she says as she watches me flip the last chocolate chip pancake.

"I said I would be gone before the sun comes up. I still have about an hour," I reply simply, ignoring the stab of pain her words create.

She looks out her window as her frown deepens. "I don't do morning after breakfast. I don't do morning after anything," she says, still staring out the window, her eyes distant.

What are you thinking right now, Sang?

I want to ask her but I know not to push her. We may have just had wild sex last night but it doesn't mean we are close. I'm not even sure I have the status of a friend at least. I'm most likely just elevated myself from stranger-slash-co-worker to warm body.