Prologue

"Hey, don't peak!" I said holding Rhian's hand, leading her towards the path where I set a blanket on the hill side with candles all around it and a beautiful dinner set up right in the middle.

"I am not!" She protested though I can see her smiling.

Earlier I pretended that I forgot it's our anniversary so that I can prepare all of this.  Nahirapan pa akong dalhin sya dito dahil halos ayaw nyang pumayag na sumama sa akin. Hapon na when I arrived at her pad and told her to get ready because I have a surprise for her.

"R-really?" I saw her smiled shyly ng sinabi kong may surpresa ako sa kanya. Kanina kasi halos ibato nya na sa akin lahat ng plato sa kusina ng sinabi kong hindi ko maalala kung ano nga bang okasyon ang meron ngayon. I nodded at her as a response at agad naman itong tumakbo papunta sa kwarto habang nagtititili.

She is just so adorable.

"Okay, we're here." I said as I removed her blindfold and Rhian was surprised of what she saw.

"Happy Anniversary, love." I said and looked at her with admiration.

Rhian is delightfully chaotic, a beautiful mess. Her eyes make me see the world in a whole different way. She's one of the rare ones, so effortlessly herself and I love her for it.  She throw herself at me as her smile grows and the tear shrinks while the sky darkens and all I can see is her. God, I would do anything for this woman.

"I love you, i love you!" She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I woke up with a pair of arms wrapped around me. My eyes shot open and I groggily stared up at the ceiling of the bedroom. I grab my phone from the bedside table and the woman beside me tightens her grip on me. I looked at her and forced myself out of the bed.

"Hey, don't you wanna stay?" The woman said, sitting up on the bed and saw her grinning at me as she looked at my nakedness with my just fucked-up hair.

"I have to go." I said picking up my clothes from the floor and hurriedly get dressed. I need to get home, shower, get dressed and get to a meeting by eight. Damn!  Obviously, I slept with this girl whom I met at the bar last night. I can't remember her name though. Solenn I guess? I don't care.

I am sitting on the bed fixing my shoes when this woman wrapped her arms around my waist, not letting me go.  "Stay, please? I'll cook something." She said while planting soft kisses on my neck. Her hands roaming all over my body.

"No, I have to go." I replied firmly not minding her.

"Okay, so when are you coming back?" This time, I turned around and shrugged my shoulders at her. "I don't know. I guess, this is it." I said removing her hands inside my shirt.

"Thanks though." And with that, hindi ko na hinintay ang sagot nya at nagmadali ng umalis sa building na ito. Halos paliparin ko na ang sasakyan dahil ilang minuto na lang at magsisimula na ang meeting at hindi pwedeng wala ako doon.

Kabilin bilinan pa naman ni Mr. Howell na hindi pwedeng wala ako doon.

When the light at the intersection turned red, I stopped the car as I saw her face from my dream earlier popped in my mind.

Those days where the happiest times of my life. The days where I can look and cherish every detail of her face. I can still clearly remember all of those moments and how her eyes looked at me with so much love and desire.

The splitting sound of a horn sent me in alert and brought me back from my reverie.

I snap my mind away from its straying thoughts and focus my gaze on the road as my car moves faster.

Alas nuebe ng makarating ako sa Howell Technologies Incorporated. Agad naman akong sinalubong ni Chynna at sinabing late na nga daw ako at ako na lang ang hinihintay.

But before I can enter the conference room, I heard Chynna say something to me that got my attention.

"Nice hickey you got there Glai!" My eyes widened at her as I fix my collar to hide what that damn woman gave me. Damn her!

When I opened the door, I looked around the room and saw everyone's attention was on me. Including her, Rhian.

My ex-wife.

Saving Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें