Chapter 5

It's after midnight and here I am, staring at the damn ceiling thinking about Rhian.

Ng makabalik kami ng hotel kanina, walang lingon lingon na agad itong pumasok sa sarili nitong kwarto. I watched her enter her room and I know she's mad at me but what can I do? She never listen to me and started resenting me long ago.

I turn my head to my right side and found myself staring at the bedside clock. In the darkness, I reached and turn it away from me. This room is no help. As much as I want to, I can't sleep. I sat up on my bed because I could feel her sleeping in the other room. In some part of my insides I could feel her. I miss her the most at night. When everything is quiet and the silence reminds me that I'm not sleeping next to her.

Suddenly, an image of Rhian on top of me flashes through my mind. Oh please, not now. I said to myself while my inner goddess glares at me. I closed my eyes, trying to block the image of her naked in my bed.

The next thing I knew, I was making my way to her room. With every step that I took, I could feel my heart racing and each beats were louder than the cushioned steps that I nervously made. When I finally reached the door, I stood there as I contemplate whether to knock or just go back into my room. I know I shouldn't be here and I know she doesn't want me here but I have to see her. I have to hear her, I have to touch her, I have to feel her against me because that dinner we spent earlier didn't end up like I wanted. I had to win her back.

I think about the past way too much and I think about what I should have done and everything I did wrong. Being with Rhian had me thinking about tomorrow and the day after that and next year and forever. I'm scared I'll look back again and the past will completely swallow us up.

I inhale several times in an attempt to calm my pulse and the trembling going on with my hands right now. I was caught off guard when the door swung full open and saw Rhian standing right in front of me.

I lingered in the doorway. Warmth flared over my skin as I gazed at her. Her body was clothed only in silver gray silk camisole dress. She tilted her head as she watched me, one eye disappeared into darkness. Her skin glowing like a meadow in moonlight, her eyes burning with love and desire. I've seen this before.

She peeks up at me and bite down her full bottom lip. "Oh fuck it." And that's where I lost it.

Without thinking, I grabbed her face and lunged myself at her. I moved quickly, lifting her before she could get further than arm's length away. She wrapped her legs around my waist as I carried her back inside, my heart pounding.

I trailed the back of my fingers along her jaw and down her neck, marveling at her smooth, porcelain skin in the moonlight. When she tipped her head back, I kissed the hollow of her throat before pressing my tongue to her skin. She made a soft, helpless sound and tightened her legs around me.

It was a good sign. A very good sign. I carried her to the bed and lowered her down. I bowed my head to kiss her, my hands roam eagerly over her body as Rhian tightly wrapped her arms around my neck. "Glai, we can't." She said, breathlessly.

"Yes, we can." I managed to croak out. I kissed her again and lifted her camisole up and over her head. I unhooked her bra and cupped her bare breast. Rhian moaned into my mouth as I begun to stroke her sensitive nipples. For a moment, the only sound I can hear in the room was the beating of our hearts.

I lowered myself onto her body, replaced my hands with my mouth and she arched against me. A broken cry falling followed by deep sigh falling from her lips. I took the time to savor the taste of the delicious flesh, licking and nibbling softly until Rhian writhed beneath me. Keeping a hand on her breast, I lowered the other one on her body, brushing the skin all along until I reached her thighs. I hooked a finger on the waistband of her undies and slid it down her legs.