Chapter 1

It was midday when Rhian and I were strolling down the main street of Santorini with her right hand wrapped around my waist. Though she seemed drained from our mind-altering "hot session" earlier, she somehow managed to look more beautiful with her white sundress that complimented every curve of her body to perfection. The light making her eyes flashed a brilliant chocolate brown as they stared into the sky. I looked at her sometimes and wonder, out of all the faces in the world how did I find one that was so perfect for me.

As we walked along the main marble streets of  Oia, we made our way to Mama Thira's house and walked up to the top of the cliff where we found this beautiful dome overlooking the view of Caldera. I sat on a patio chair and wrapped my arms around Rhian as I pulled her onto my lap. We were both quiet, admiring the view. 

"Marry me?" I blurted out while she stared at the beautiful blue ocean of Santorini while I watched the galaxies in her eyes.

She turned around and gazed at me as she reiterated. "What did you just say?" Her arms wrapped around my neck as I stared at her with so much love. God, I love this woman.

"I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor do I want to. And I know there are so many ways to be happy in this life, but all I really need is you. When I look into your eyes, I can see a reflection of the two of us and the life I hope we'll share together and when I think about you, I know that no one else will ever hold my heart the way you do. So, Miss Howell soon to be Mrs. Galura, will you marry me?"  Upon hearing, she immediately put her hands upon each side of my face and covered my face with pecks. Her tears rolling fast down her cheeks as I caressed her back.

"God, what took you so long? I love you so much, Glai. And yes, I will marry you." She said between sobs while smiling from ear to ear. As I took her hand, I gave her all she had been waiting for. I kissed her like her lips were air. "I love you."

"Never let me go." She said looking at me passionately. Our noses rubbed against each other and our foreheads pressed together as I looked at her in the eyes and saw the rest of my life.

"Never."

Ng matapos ang meeting, agad akong tumayo at lumabas ng conference room para sundan si Rhian. Nagmamadali itong lumabas ng sinabi ni Mr. Howell na kailangan naming dalawa pumunta sa London para sa deal na kailangang isarado with the investors.

"Rhian, wait." Pigil ko sa kanya bago pa man ito makapasok ng elevator. Agad naman syang humarap sa akin at napansin ko ang pagdako ng mga mata nya sa kaliwang bahagi ng leeg ko.

"What is it?" Tanong nya at bahagya kong inayos ang aking kuwelyo ng mapansin kong nakatingin pa rin sya dito.

"Oh, it's n-nothing." Sagot ko at binaba ang tingin ko sa sahig na tila parang batang nahihiya. Bahagya kong hinawakan ang leeg ko para mas matakpan pa ito. Pakiramdam ko nahuli nya ako sa akto na may ginagawang mali.

"Hindi yan ang tinutukoy ko, kung ano man yang tinatago mo dyan. I don't care." She rolled her eyes at me at tuluyan ng pumasok sa elevator. I immediately followed her inside and our fingers touched as we both hurried to press the ground button. We were alone inside the elevator and I could feel the tension building between us. I know she can feel it too. I can smell her sweet perfume from where I was standing. Hindi pa rin pala sya nagpapalit ng pabango.

For a moment, I saw the look in her eyes as our fingers touched and saw the way her breath hitched. She was flustered. Rhian immediately stepped back and crossed her arms.

One touch and I'm lost, wanting her again. I have touched her before surely, but it didn't feel like this. For it was then that I knew just how deep my love for her really was. Rhian have so much more than my heart. I wish I could simply turn back the clock and take back every single mistake I made along the way that made us like this.