Chapter 10

It's been two days since Rhian and I got back from London. I'm on my way over to Rhian's parents house right now para sunduin ang mag-ina ko at iuwi ito sa unit na dati naming tinitirhan. Napag-usapan na namin ito ni Rhian habang nasa eroplano kami pauwi ng Pilipinas and she agreed with me without hesitation.

It was her Dad who greeted me first when I sat down in their living room, waiting for Rhian and Caleb. From the look on her father's face, I knew I was in trouble. I suddenly remember the time when his only daughter and I were still dating. He used to give me those death glares every time I visited their house. Obviously, hindi pabor ang daddy ni Rhian sa relasyon namin ng anak nya noon. Sino nga bang mag-aakala na ang isang kagaya ko na pabanda banda lang noon ay makakatagpo ng isang katulad ni Rhian, the one and only heiress of the high and mighty Gareth Howell. I don't exactly remember how I earned her father's trust. But one thing I remember was when the day I told him how much I love his daughter and was willing to do everything just to make his daughter happy every single day. God, I love his daughter so much, it's insane.

I sat quietly on the sofa for another five minutes with Rhian's dad sitting across from me, until I heard him cleared his throat. It felt like I'm courting his daughter once again. I shifted in my seat as I secretly laughed at that thought. This is it, Glai.

"Do you really love my daughter, Glaiza?" He eyed me intently, waiting for my answer with his serious, arms-crossed look. I swallowed hard and took a deep breathe before answering. I looked straight into the light brown eyes of Rhian's father without blinking so he'll know I'm telling the truth.

"Sir, there isn't enough words in this world to describe how in love I am with your daughter. There has never been anyone like her and there never will be. She makes me happy, so happy that I feel like I can almost bust at the seams because I'm just happy. Yes, I lied to her once and in result, I lost her. She was honest with me from the very beginning and she accepted me with all of my faults and all of my flaws. I love her because of that. And now we both know what it's like to be without each other so neither of us wants that to happen again." My eyes remained fixed on the now soft face of Rhian's father. His eyes were reassuring, there was a kindly light in his light brown eyes. Now I know where Rhian got those brown orbs.

I breathed in deeply once more before continuing. "I love Rhian and it's not because she makes me happy, not because she makes me feel special, nor because she's the sweetest person ever but because I just love her. And I don't need any reasons for that."

There's silence for a moment just before a woman voice began talking. "Totoo ba yung narinig ko?" I jolted in my seat as I looked behind me. Rhian looked so perfect standing there with the light framing her golden hair. My body reacted to her immediately. My senses were reaching out to her and I could tell she was feeling the same way.

I stood up, turning around to face her. Agad namang tumakbo si Caleb ng makita ako at itinapon ang sarili sa akin. Lumuhod ako para mapantayan ito at dahan dahang binuhat. "Mommy said we're going home now, is it true?"

"Yes, dear." I fixed my eyes upon my son's eyes and saw nothing but joy in them. He placed his tiny hands on each side of my face as he let a little giggle slip out. Rhian remained from her spot watching us, a smile never leaving her face.

"Aw'right!" Caleb said, shoving his fist in the air. "Go get Mom. She misses you." Bumaba naman si Caleb sa pagkakabuhat ko at agad namang pumunta sa Lolo Gareth nito. Rhian slowly walked towards me and the closer she came, the more her looks came into focus. Her eyes shined and gleamed as our eyes met.

"What were you saying? I think I heard my name." I bit the bottom of my lip, unable to utter a word. At this point, I cared a little about who was around us. Rhian simply took my breath away and I had to remind myself to breathe.