Chapter 9

As soon as Glaiza got out of the car, I immediately heard Caleb's excited voice shouting, "Mama!"

I quickly got out of the SUV and saw my son came running to us with the biggest smile on his face. Glaiza knelt down and got our son's level as Caleb lunged forward throwing his arms around his Mama in a tight hug. His smile soon turned into an unforgettable laugh. All the exhaustion I had felt was instantly washed away with the sight of them.

Caleb is growing very fond of Glaiza. Kahit na sa loob ng dalawang taon na hindi namin ito nakasama sa iisang bubong, bakas sa mga mata ni Caleb ang pag hanga dito. He may look like me, but he remind me so much of Glaiza. So charming and very valiant. Naalala ko nung mga panahong naghiwalay kami ni Glaiza, hindi ko maiwasang hindi mamiss ito sa tuwing nakikita ko si Caleb. He was very much like her in so many ways.

I knelt down beside Glaiza and folded my arms across my chest as I pouted my lips. "Didn't you missed Mommy too?"

"I missed you, Mom!" He wrapped his arms around my neck and began planting soft kisses all over my face. Glaiza just laughed at us. Mariin namang binuhat nito ang anak namin at tumayo. I did the same thing too. Her other hand holding mine as we neared the threshold of the house where I saw my mom standing, looking intently at us.

When we came through the door, Glaiza greeted my mother nicely. I could see the surprise registering on my mother's face as she looked down at our hands intertwined together. Glaiza quickly squeezed my hand, and in that squeeze I felt the strength of her love. I then looked at her. Ibinaba naman nito si Caleb at lumuhod para mapantayan ito. Her hands clawed at our son's face.

"I'll be back tomorrow. And then I will never leave you and your Mom again. Is that a deal?" Our son nodded his head in agreement.

"Promise?" He said, his warm brown eyes pleading.

"I promise, baby." She promised as she leaned forward kissing our son's forehead.

Glaiza stood up and turned to me, taking my hand in hers. "You too. I'll be back tomorrow." She flashed a smile and placed her hand on my flushed cheeks, leaned in, and kissed my forehead. She then turned to my mom at nagpaalam na babalik na lang ito bukas.

My mother smiled in approval and thanked her for taking me home.

That night, I tucked my son into his bed as I always do and as I knelt down beside his bed, he leaned over in his Superman pajamas and cupped my face with his little hands. He then hugged me tightly and uttered, "Mommy, I'm so happy you and mama are back. I love you!" And instead of thinking about anything else, I just absorbed the bliss and let my heart feel every morsel of joy.

When I got out of Caleb's room, I saw my mom standing in front of my room, as if she's been waiting for me. She eyed me speculatively, her eyes asking questions.

"So.. you two got back together?" I nodded carefully. I was cautious, afraid of appearing judgmental. But I know my mother would not judge me until she'd heard my explanation and so I told her everything.

"Are you happy?" She asked and placed her hand against my cheek.

I smiled and nodded. "Yes mom. I've never been this happy before."

Suddenly, I saw an expression of cautious relief on my mother's face.

"As long as you're happy," Mom said, "It's all that matters. If you're happy. I'm happy." She said as her eyes went soft and kind.

"Thank you, Ma." I hugged my mom as my heart swelled with joy. She have been my soft place to fall and she have told me when it was time to get up and keep going. I'm so thankful that God gave me a mother with a heart that can love and forgive.

I guess, I'm right where I'm supposed to be in my life right now; so I'm happy with it. I don't have any regrets, and I don't carry any guilt trips around. I shook all that off with forgiveness. Forgiving Glaiza and myself mainly. What has happened cannot be changed, but I learned a lesson that it can be reconsidered and understood. The implication here is that in order to understand, sometimes we need to view it from a different aspect or view it from a different perspective so that it does not become an issue that torments us for years to come.

The moment I entered my room, I immediately threw myself on the bed beginning to feel tiredness creeping into my own eyes and body. But despite of my severe exhaustion, I found myself unable to sleep. Everything seemed a little colder now without Glaiza in my bed. And so I rolled over and reached for my phone, I noticed she had texted me.

Glaiza: I'm home. Missing you and Caleb already.

"Missing you too. Wish you were here." I typed and pressed the send button. I waited for her reply, but got nothing. Soon, I grew very impatient with waiting so I just decided to sleep and stop thinking about her. She's probably sleeping by now.

I managed to get half an hour of sleep before my phone vibrated. I didn't bother looking at the caller ID so I just answered it.

"I'm outside." Said an all too familiar voice. My head snapped up and my eyes popped open. I immediately got up and walked towards the window facing the parking lot and looked out at the street. I saw someone standing on the sidewalk in front of our house, wearing a hoodie. I looked closer and saw it was Glaiza. Suddenly, my heart jumped with joy.

I hurriedly went down, not minding whether I look good or not.

I lunged myself at her as soon as she was in front of me, taking her completely by surprise. She tripped, and then I had her pinned with her back up against the car before she knew what hit her. A huge grin spread across her face and she wrapped her arms around me and gently kissed me on the lips. I wrapped my arms around her and buried my face in her neck and we stood there, very still as the city went whizzing by us. After a couple of minutes, she gently pulled away from me and her eyes searched mine.

"Do you remember when we were still dating? I used to sneak out at night and come here. You would climb out your bedroom window and run down here and meet me."

"Yes, I do." I replied. "It was so Romeo and Juliet wasn't it?"

We laughed as we looked at each other, thinking the same thing.

"God, I love you so much." Glaiza whispered softly, lifting her hand and placed it against my cheek. My heart picked up the pace a little more and my breathing quickened as I felt the warm of her skin. I realized that my feelings haven't changed from the first day I met her. It just continued to grow with every hand-holding and every kiss we shared.

She slowly and cautiously leaned in; kissing me slowly and gently. Her hands resting on the sides of my head, her thumbs lightly touching my cheekbones. I did not notice the passing of time or exactly when the kiss changed into something more visceral. My legs turned to mush but I didn't want her to stop.

Finally, Glaiza ended the kiss and pulled away from me. "I think I should go now."

I pulled her hoodie and pulled her closer, giving her a meaningful look.

"Yeah, I really think you should go." I smirked and ran a finger across her parted lips. Her gaze turned hungry as her eyes flicked down to my mouth. I didn't kiss her though. Well, not where she was expecting. I only placed my lips delicately on the corner of her mouth and pulled away I smiled down at her when she opened her eyes, swirling with lust-filled desire which coursed wildly through my veins and I knew I should get back inside.

"Thanks for tonight." I told her as I stepped back.

She just smiled as she looked at me and blushed looking down. She then turned and started walking around her car and eased her way into the driver's seat. I watched her walk off with a small smirk on my face.

***

You guys can follow me now on twitter @rastroxrocks

Usap tayo! 😊💕