Casper the Bitchy Ghost

My overnight bag was heavy in my hand, causing me to slightly tilt towards its side. Before coming home from the Halloween Trail of Terror I asked Sean if he could stop by Claire's so I could grab my stuff. I had slept over her house the night before Halloween because her place was closer to the cemetery than mine was.

Now I was finally home, ready to get to my room to take off the remaining makeup and just knock out in bed. I was emotionally and physically drained. For a second, I even debated on switching the security code so that Reggie wouldn't be able to get in the house since I was still pissed at him, but then I remembered mom and dad also live here and wouldn't be too happy about not being able to get into the house.

Maybe I was also a little too lazy to do it.

I flicked on the lights to my room and instantly jumped back with a gasp.

"Shit, Peter!" I swore, a hand held over my fast beating heart. The room was pitch black and quiet when I first entered, so when I turned on the lights I definitely didn't expect to see someone sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Where the hell have you been?" he asked, his voice low and angry as he looked up at me.

"Where have I been?" the words came out humorlessly, "You're the professional stalker who apparently doesn't remember how to do his stupid job!"

"Are you fucking kidding me Daisy? You just disappeared, how the fuck was I supposed to know where you were! I searched the goddamn school, I waited up all night in your room, I even went to the goddamn park!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I forgot I was supposed to call your imaginary phone! But no, you're right, I'm at fault here, because this whole time you knew exactly where to find me and now all of a sudden I'm supposed to be finding you!" I turned away from him and sat at my vanity desk and mirror, pulling open one of the drawers and searching for my makeup wipes. I was fuming, tired of everyone always blaming me for things that were out of my control. All I wanted to do was to wipe off this fucking makeup, go to sleep, and forget these past few days even happened.

"You forgot this." Peter said, his voice calmer than before. I looked in the mirror and saw he was holding up the necklace that I left in the bathroom the other day.

That's when it all clicked.

"Your necklace," I said, "that's why you couldn't find me, right? Let me guess, the pendants cursed or something and you're tied to it, is that it?"

To my surprise the corner of his lip lifted into a half smile as he stood up and made his way over to stand behind me, "It's not cursed." he practically whispered, "But, it has been an important part of my life, so I guess I am some what tied to it. It's like my home...I always know how to find it."

Leave it to Peter to go from hot headed to cool in a matter of seconds. 

"So why'd you give it to me at the park? Why'd you want to find me?"

He ignored my question and instead gently took the necklace and placed it back around my neck, adjusting it until it was perfect and centered. "I'm sorry for yelling at you when you came in, I was just worried." he said, taking a seat on the side of the vanity desk.

His gaze was too intense, so I avoided it, choosing to look in the mirror and slowly pick away at the remaining zombie makeup with my wipes.

"It's fine." I mumbled, knowing it wasn't fine because from day one he's chosen to ignore all the questions that have been important to me.

"You're mad." He stated.

No fucking shit Captain Obvious.

"Nope."