Nurse!

"You can't run in here!" An employee shouted at us as we ran by the lobby. 

As we reached Eli's floor another nurse stepped in front of us, blocking the hall. 

"Slow down!" she said, recognizing us, "I know you're here for Eli but he can't have any visitors today. He had an intense physical therapy session and needs rest." 

"No one visited him today?" Sean asked, out of breath. 

The nurse shook her head, "No, and I'm sorry but I can't let you guys in either. Come back tomorrow, okay?" 

Sean and I exchanged looks then nodded our heads. The nurse appeared satisfied as she knew we never caused problems in the past. She smiled at us and we slowly turned around and walked towards the exit. 

After a few seconds we looked over our shoulders and saw that she had disappeared into another patient's room. Quietly, Sean and I turned around and sprinted back towards Eli's room. 

I shoved the hospital door open to find a large, unrecognizable guy standing over Eli, holding a pillow over his head as Eli thrashed underneath the weight. 

Sean rushed over and tackled the guy to the ground, knocking over hospital equipment and chairs. I pulled the pillow off of Eli who was gasping for air. When he recognized me his eyes lit up. I unplugged him from the machines, which caused them to beep ferociously and sent off an alarm outside of the room. I grabbed Eli and pulled him off the bed as Sean and the stranger continued to fight, almost knocking into us.  Eli leaned on me for support as he still couldn't walk on his own. By the time we got close to the door, a group of nurses and security rushed in. 

The nurse who stopped us in the hall helped me walk Eli out of the room and onto a chair in the nurses station. I could hear something that sounded like glass breaking coming from the room, before a slur of curses followed. Soon, Sean and the stranger were being pulled out of the room and away from each other. 

Through labored breathing, Eli pointed to the guy who attacked him and said, "He tried to kill me."