Who's Gonna Save You

A/N: I just saw the story is ranked #1 in Ghosts!!!! That's so awesome! Thank you guys for the support even tho the updates haven't been frequent! I don't think the story has ever been #1 in any category, so this is cool. 

Lowkey hyped, so I decided to share another short chapter to keep the suspense going ;) 

There's only a few more chapters left guys! We're getting there!

Present Time

I stared at the large, colonial styled home. The last time I had been here, I promised myself I would never come back. But life has a way of forcing you back on your promises, especially ones you make to yourself.

"It doesn't seem like anyone's home." Sean said.

I stared at the empty driveway, debating on whether we should risk going in right now or wait a few more minutes.

My feet decided before my mind did, and before I knew it I was out of the car and already down the hill. Sean followed right behind me until we reached the back entrance.

"Okay, now what?" Sean said, out of breath.

I tried my luck by turning the door handle, but it was unsurprisingly locked.

"Do you know how to pick a lock?" I asked.

Sean shook his head.

"Alright, plan B." I sighed, as I grabbed a nearby plant pot and smashed it against the window of the door. The window and the pot both shattered. I then tugged my sleeve over my hand, in order to protect it from the broken glass, and reached inside to unlock the door.

As I opened the door, I turned to Sean and smiled smugly.

He rolled his eyes and reached down in front of me, picking up a silver object from the dirt.

"It was in the pot." He said as he held up a small key between us.

"How was I supposed to know that?"

"Because everyone hides their keys in flower pots!"

"I don't."

"Yeah, well, pretty sure you're crazy so you don't count."

I decided to be the bigger person and ignore what he said...for now. Instead, I focused my attention on searching through the house for anything that can help me, or more importantly, help my dad, take these assholes down before they do anything to Reggie.

The first floor was completely clean, like, your-families-coming-over-for-thanksgiving-so-your mom-goes-on-a-cleaning-rampage, clean. And for a fraternity, that was strange.

"This is giving me serious American Psycho vibes." Sean whispered as he opened a closet and discovered a large supply of clear plastic raincoats. "Dais, I think we need to get out of here like now."

"None of this reminds me of when I was here during the party." I said, ignoring what he said, "Everything looks completely different. Like they got brand new furniture or something. Why would a fraternity redecorate and clean the entire place randomly during the semester? I don't get it."

I opened the kitchen cabinets and found them to be empty.

"Maybe they're selling the place?"

"There was no for sale sign outside." I shook my head, "Let's do a quick sweep upstairs and then we'll leave."