Guess Who

Daisy's POV

The world stopped. 

My hands shook as I felt the warm blood seeping through my brothers shirt. My vision blurred from the tears. 

Laughter sounded from above me but I ignored it. 

"Please...Reggie...don't die." I begged him, sobbing. 

The sound of my name brought my attention back to my surroundings. Sean was standing a few feet away from us, out of breath with his hands raised up, a knife in his grip. He had his eyes on me, as Brett had the gun aimed at him. 

I raised a bloody hand to my neck and clutched the pendant. I was injured. Brett had beaten me relentlessly, saying that he preferred slow and painful deaths to quick ones. I thought it was all over until Reggie came out of nowhere and tackled him to the ground. They fought for a while, and then Reggie had appeared to knock him unconscious. He took the knife from Brett's side and used it to cut the tape to release me. But as he released my arms, Brett rose, screamed 'enough' and pulled a gun from his waist ban, shooting Reggie without a second thought. 

I closed my eyes, my hand trembled.

"Don't you know the good guys never win." Brett smiled. 

This was the end. He was going to win. As I held the necklace in my fist, I hoped Peter could hear me. I told him I was sorry, and that I wished we could've actually had a real chance together. 'Please don't hate me', I whispered, knowing how much it hurt him when he lost his brother, and how he had warned me multiple times about the dangers of the world, making me promise I would be careful. But I was still reckless. 

A gun cocked. 

I looked up and Brett had his gun aimed at Sean's head. 

As his finger went to pull on the trigger, suddenly, a figure popped up right in front of the gun, as if out of thin air. 

"Boo." 

It was Peter.