Track One

I threw open my car door, leaving the key in the ignition as I ran up the hill and passed the rows of tombstones. I was still crying. I hadn't stopped since he left. I didn't even stop as I drove my car here, even though it blurred my vision and almost caused an accident. 

My breathing was heavy as I finally reached Peter's stone. It's been months since I last visited it. It was too hard to see his name carved in stone when all I ever wished was for him to be alive. But now that he was gone, it was the only thing I had left of him. 

 I slowly walked around the back of the stone and to the front. I gasped, as my gaze found the flowers that were now growing on his grave, hiding all the grass. 

Daisies

They were everywhere.

My heart clenched and I choked back a sob. I knelt down in front of his tombstone, tracing the outline of his name with my fingertips. "Peter.." I cried out softly, hoping he could hear me, "Come back.." 

A soft breeze blew the hair out of my face. Suddenly, I felt very aware of the heaviness of the MP3 player in my jacket pocket weighing it down. I took the device out and plugged in the headphones. Leaning against his tombstone, I used one hand to clutch his pendant against my chest, right over my heart, and I used the other one to turn on the MP3 player. 

Just as he said, all his old playlists were still on it. And there was a new one with my name on it at the very top. 

My finger hovered over the play button. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then I hit play. 

My heart skipped a beat as a familiar voice immediately started to rap, "Guess who's back, back again, Shady's back, tell a friend!

Peter's laughter sounded through my headphones, "Alright, I guess I wasn't born to be a rapper." 

I couldn't help but laugh with him. 

"But, I can definitely make one helluva playlist...Maybe I would've been a DJ in the future, or something, who knows... Anyways, this entire playlist is for you, Dais, and I don't really give a shit what people think but I'm really fucking hoping you like it." He laughed again, for just a moment, and then he went silent, the only thing audible was a heavy sigh. I took a deep breath, trying to remain calm as tears continued to flow. 

In a quieter voice, almost a whisper, Peter's voice sounded again. "I'm already missing you Dais...more than you'll ever know...."

The audio cut out and the next track started playing. "Us Against The World" by Coldplay. I opened my eyes and stared up at the sky. As the song continued to play I could almost feel Peter beside me, as if he was here, still watching. I clutched the pendant tighter. My phone vibrated in my pocket, but I shut it off. I wasn't going to leave until the entire playlist was done. So I laid back on the ground, using my jacket as a pillow, and shut the world out, only allowing the melodies of the songs to reach me.

And if we could float away
Fly up to the surface and just start again
And lift off before trouble
Just erodes us in the rain

Just erodes us and see roses
In the rain

Sing slow it down
Slow it down
Through chaos as it swirls
It's us against the world

A/N 

To hear Peter's entire playlist for Daisy, go back through the chapters of the story and play the songs attached :)