Horrifying Nightmares

______________________________Chapter #9: Horrifying Nightmares

_______________________________________________Chapter #9

I saw the masked men planning for some action, their masked figures casting a shadow over the dark candlelight room that they occupied.  They were all talking in hushed voices, and they all looked incredibly fascinated and intensely fixed on the topic at hand.  The only words that I could pick out were the most urgent which they were almost screaming, “The Princess.... Can not wait..... Urgent.....the Boss.... necessary.”  It seemed like I was a far way away from them, which probably just meant that I was more safe than I would have been if I was positioned right next to them.

Then suddenly, they all turned towards me, and stood to attack with the candlelight flickering over their white masks, giving them a devilish look.  I began screaming, and they wasted no time in rushing into action, pulling their weapons as they stood.  Some of them did not have weapons at all, but just carried simple things like twine and scissors.  One of them clamped a hand over my mouth, while another started yelling orders to the other men while they started binding my hands and feet.  

Even though I was only in a dream, I was still in pain, and I bit the man closest to me as he attempted to gag my mouth.  The man raised his hand to strike me, even though several of the men yelled at him not to hurt me.  This did not convince him, and I soon was sure that I would be injured by this strange man.  In one last effort, I reached up to try to injure him.  Instead, I flicked his mask off of his face, only enraging the man.  To my surprise, the man’s face was just a normal face behind the mask.  The man looked terrifying even though there was nothing odd about him.  These masked men were only normal people trying to take their revenge on an enemy, even though the enemy seems to have done nothing wrong.

The man was enraged, and reached up to strike me in his anger.  He raised his hand to strike me, but before he could hurt me, my dream shifted into a totally different dream, or nightmare.  

Shortly after, my dream changed. I observed my surroundings and recognized the throne room from back at the palace.  The ivy-covered marble made the room look .  I looked up and saw my parents, weeping on their thrones.  

I noticed Jean Philip, standing before them vowing he would retrieve me from the villainous men that had taken me away.  After that, he slowly backed out of the room, his hands clasped behind his back and his lips pressed together in a thin line, and I could not help but thinking how dreamy he looked when he was angry.  

At least, when he was not angry at me.  I figured that it would be terrifying if he was truly furious with me.  I followed him in my dream into the back room of a well-known inn in the town closest to the palace.  I was horrified to see who inhabited the room.  To my surprise, there were more masked men filling up every nook and cranny, different from those in my last dream, though.  This must be a secret meeting place.  But what in the world would the masked men be doing with Jean? 

Jean said, “They actually believe me!”  And suddenly, they started jumping on him and beating him up.  I was terrified and repulsed that they would be doing this to him.  He must have just stepped into the wrong room, and now he would be lucky if he got away from them alive and well.  Why were they hurting Jean?  Then, I took a closer look at them.  They were not hurting Jean at all.  In fact, they looked almost like they were congratulating him in a very violent way. 

Then he did something that surprised me.  He started roaring with laughter as the men were still congratulating him!  “Soon,” he said, “soon!  The Princess will be ours to decide what to do with.  Once we pick her up from that idiot’s house and drop off the money, she will be OURS to deal with!” 

With his voice still ringing in my ears, I woke up screaming, which in turn woke everyone else up.  Mrs. Marks rushed over and tried to help me, but she could not help.  I was hysterical, and I started burying myself in the pillow, weeping to myself.  After an hour or so, a funny looking man came into the room with a mask across his face.  Taking out various tools which the man used to test different body parts, I was carefully examined.  He observed me, and then gave me a shot.  Then, he forced me gently but firmly to drink a syrupy greenish liquid which calmed me down, even though it tasted terrible.

After the shot, I was more calm, but still far from being normal.  The image of Jean’s face twisted into a cruel grin was burned in my mind.  I knew it was a dream, but it had been so real that it was almost like I had been seeing what had been happening elsewhere.  

Okay, I am aware that I just sounded really creepy and supernatural or something, but I think it was God’s way of warning me.  If my dream was real, then I was in huge trouble, and everything that I knew in my life had all been lies to a very naive child.  The naive child believed everything, of course, but now I was on the other side of the extremities.  Now, I realized, I was paranoid of everything and everyone.  The sad thing was that I was unsure whether or not I would ever end my paranoia.

...................................................................................................

:)  Have a great summer

!Ok guys, I am expecting more reads, however few, before I update the next chapter.  I think I will begin updating once a week unless I have something huge going on.  This story has made me very happy, and much more confident as an author.  If anybody has suggestions or comments, do not hesitate to ask me anything.  I am aware that my writing is not always superclear, but I am only thirteen, so please cut me some slack.  

Thanx, 

loviedovy12