Terrible Past..... Brighter Future?

As you could see above, this chapter is dedicated to NeverForgetToSmile for being so AWESOME!  (and fanning me....)  :)  Now here you go!  

                                                                                     ................................................................................................Chapter #10-Terrible Past, Brighter Future

The next day, since I knew for sure that I longed to live and stay happy in the remainder of my life, I needed to escape from this prison, however nice my captors had been to me.  For some reason, I was sure that the masked men about to pick me up would be a little less kind to me.  

Well, Jean was still probably against killing me, but that didn’t mean that he was below injuring me very greatly before returning me to my parents.  So I set about planning my escape.  

First, every meal, a portion of the food that I was served ‘accidentally’ made its way into my borrowed dress.  After the meal, I would stash the food in an old basket that I had found if it was not perishable, along with a sack of money that I had been carrying with me in my dress on the day that I was kidnapped.  

Also, I listened for any more information that I could find about the masked men.  I knew that they were coming to pick me up in two day’s time, so I had to move all the faster to get ready for my escape.  I started sewing a new dress for myself as well.  I know this may sound silly to you, but I would need it.  My dress was torn and tattered, and I was sure that people would think that I was  a beggar or worse.  

I had also been allowed to wander the streets of the city, as long as I returned before the end of the night.  I had been told that if I happened to ‘accidentally’ return to my prison late one day, I would be hunted down immediately, and all of my freedoms would be taken from me.  They promised that I would be locked up and treated as a true prisoner instead of ‘a temporary guest,’ as Mrs. Marks so kindly put it if I failed to return home.

Well, I gathered all of this from times that my ‘kind hosts’ strongly hinted, and I would have to be stupid not to know what they were hinting at.  I searched around, and I found that no one had ever heard of or seen masked men around this city recently.  I guess they didn’t, because it is kind of hard to miss a large group of stampeding and very angry masked men stomping around town with their knifes, pitchforks, and other various weapons, threatening anyone who looks out of place.  

So now all that I knew was that they were very good at sneaking around, and that evil people are better at hiding from the public eye in this town.  I wondered if I could take lessons from them, but that would also mean that I would be near them, which would cause my destruction, and possibly my death.  For all I knew, it could also cause my parents’ deaths, as I was sure that if I died, there would be a strong chance that they would pass away with me rather than live in their sadness.

I preferred not to attract any more attention than necessary, and I knew that this was also a wise goal for me, as there was a chance that I would be kidnapped again, and that would be terrible.  So I asked Mrs. Marks for some cloth, saying that I was making it for a relative at home.  She complied, and gave me some cloth that had been left over from a dress that she was making for Grania.  Sadly, it was orange, which is sadly my least favorite color and also makes me look terriblen, but I did not care too much.  I was always swift with my sewing, but this was for sure an all time record.  I finished the dress on the night before I planned to leave. 

The next morning, I woke up well before dawn, pulled my basket out from under the bed, and sighed, letting all my anxieties about today’s journeys flow out of me.  Then, I quickly ran through all of the supplied that I had stored up.  It was not much: just a spare dress, food enough for five days at most, and enough money to buy whatever other necessities were required at the time.  

I tip-toed over to the window, over Mr. Marks’ body, which was now further away from the window as he trusted me more now.  But then I heard something stirring behind me.  

“For pickle’s sake,” I swore my ‘lady-like swear’ under my breath.  Of course, it was Grania.  She had to be one of the lightest sleepers in the world.  She asked me sweetly, “where are you going, Princess?”  I sighed, frustrated in knowing that I could do nothing now.  I sighed deeply, releasing all of my pent up anger at Grace.  “Really, Grania?  You just had to wake up at the worst time possible.  Why could you not just be kind to me and leave me alone!”

“I am so sorry, I am a terrible person,” she heaved, already starting to fill her eyes with tears.  Soon she was sobbing loudly, and I soon knew that there was no use in attempting to calm her, but that didn’t mean that I did not attempt to calm her down.  

“No, no, no, no, no.  I did not mean it that way!  Sweetie, calm down, calm down, it’s okay, I am sorry, don’t cry!” I said, trying to comfort her.  But she wouldn’t stop no matter how much I tried to calm her, and sooth her for all that I was worth.  

Soon I heard her parents stirring in their beds, and I knew that if I was caught I would be in big trouble, especially since I made their daughter cry.  They seemed like very overprotective parents, and I did not want to provoke their anger.  So I quickly ran over to my bed, jumped into it, and pretended to be sleeping.  They walked right past me, rushing to Grania’s side.  I almost laughed out loud, giving away my facade that I was sound asleep in my bed, dreaming happy dreams in LaLa Land, which I almost wished was true.  

I judged that this was not an uncommon occurrence, as they seemed to be experts on calming her.  They tried to hush her, but to no avail, as her screams grew louder and louder.  I knew that they were a lost cause, so I just considered myself lucky to be able to pretend to sleep.  

_

__

____

_______

___________

_______________

________

-------

So sorry, I noticed that i had uploaded the wrong chapter....  There you go!

Hope you like it!

Love,

Hannah V.H.

a.k.a. loviedovy12