My One and Only - A CaptainSparklez FanFiction

PROLOGUE

Ellie's POV

"Ellie, honey, you're getting married," my mother finally said once me, her, and my father sat gathered around the small kitchen table.

I made a confused face and opened my mouth slightly. After a few moments I burst out into laughter. After catching my breath I added, "Mom, I don't even have a boyfriend."

My mother and father exchanged worried glances. "We know that, honey," my father said, looking straight into my eyes.

My smile immediately dropped and I stared back at my mother and father's blank expression.

I cracked a smile and laughed forcefully. "What?" I asked quietly, taking in the meaning behind those words. "What do you mean?"

"Darling, we've met a wonderful boy and his parents--" my dad began, standing up as I stood up out of my seat.

"No, Dad!" I began, backing away towards the door, still facing them.

My mother scrambled out of her seat and rushed over to me as I grabbed my jacket from PacSun that was hanging on the coat rack.

"Honey! I'm sure you'd like him! Please! His parents and us already set a date and everything!" she said quickly, grabbing my free hand from my side.

"What the hell, mom! You can't just do that! Ever since Cassidy ran away you've never let me live a normal life!" I screamed, tearing my arm away, tears starting to form in my eyes.

My mother stopped in her tracks and swallowed. "Honey, you're 19 years old, that was 13 years ago, please--" she began before I cut her off.

"Yes! So fucking let it go!" I snapped at her, my voice shrill.

Both her and my father stared at me with surprised expressions. "Ellie, please. We already discussed it. You're getting married in six months. End of subject," my father said calmly, a hint of anger in his voice since I mentioned Cassidy.

"This isn't the fucking 17th century!" I screamed. "I want to like someone, get butterflies when I see them, and fall in love! Not have an arranged marriage with someone I don't even fucking know!"

They stood there quietly, and I didn't dare to move my gaze from their frozen faces. "Probably something Cass is doing right now," I accused in an angry voice.

I opened the door with so much force, I thought I heard the hinge snap. "Ellie Remy Quinn, do NOT turn your back on your parents," I heard my father bark.

I swiveled my head around to face them, a look of challenge splattered across my face. "Make me."

I stormed out of the house, now letting the tears pillowing up in my eyes create a waterfall. I started walking down the sidewalk, realizing it was oddly quiet.

For a moment, it felt like I was the only one in the world. All the other people inhabiting it were off having fun somewhere, with friends. Something I never had.

Even my sister left me.

When I was six years old, my older sister Cassidy ran away at the age of ten. It was my birthday, and I heard my mother's shriek fill the kitchen.

I got out of my bed, swung open the door, and promptly tripped over the present lying in front of where I had just stepped out.

I ran downstairs, ignoring it, and saw my mother and father reading a tiny note that was sciribbled in pen. When she had dropped the note to allow both her hands to fly to her mouth, I quickly snatched it away.