Chapter Ten - 1K SPECIAL

A/N Hey guys! Remember when we hit 1,000 reads on Dreaming About You, I did a super long and eventful chapter? Well guess what? It's time for this book's 1K SPECIAL!

Thank you all for the support. :)

---

Chapter Ten - 1K SPECIAL

ELLIE'S POV

Our necks both snapped towards my mother's direction. Her face was at first pale, and it turned to a blood red, seeming as though it were going to burst in anger.

"I KNEW YOU HAD SOMETHING GOING ON WITH JORDAN, ELLIE!" she screamed. I stared straight at her with my eyes wide open, surprised by her sudden outburst.

Mitch came running out of the room at the sound of my mother and stood by her. He saw me and Jordan's hands tangled together and he clenched his jaw, looking down.

"Jordan, leave, now," my mother said simply, moving aside and glaring at Jordan. Just like the first time my mother had caught us together, I grabbed the back of his shirt.

"No, he is not going anywhere," I said through clenched teeth. I felt the slap before I could process the fact that my mother's hand was raised over her head.

I held onto my cheek, Jordan gasped, and Mitch just stared at us, shocked and wide-eyed. I felt tears well up in my eyes. 

I was used to my mother scolding me harshly, I was used to being compared by her. But never have I ever been hit by my very own mother. I've had enough of her. I thought.

I pushed her out the doorway, along with Mitch and slammed the door shut, locking it. I heard loud knocks on the door and Mitch saying, "Ellie, please, open this door."

I crumpled to the ground and looked away, letting the tears fall. I didn't make any noise, I just felt the water stain my cheeks.

I felt Jordan kneel down, looking me straight in the eye. He wiped away the tears that had collected at my cheeks, and he brought me into his arms.

After a few minutes of just sitting there in Jordan's arms, I heard him whisper, "Come on, get dressed back to your regular outift, you could stay at my place tonight."

I nodded and changed into my original outfit as Jordan looked the other way. When I had finished, I took the beautiful wedding dress and hung it up on one of the racks.

"How do we leave?" I asked quietly, watching him turn back around. "I don't want to have to face my mother..."

I saw Jordan bite the inside of his cheek and look around, his eyes settling on the window. "Ready to make a James Bond exit through the fire escape?" he said, a smirk playing on his lips.

I smiled again and laughed. "Rule number two, right?"

Jordan went first, just to make sure that it was safe. When he gave the nod of approvement, I slipped through the window, but after I had slipped slightly on the windowsill.

"Eek!" I shrieked softly. I felt Jordan's arms surround my waist and bring me safely to the platform. I muttered a quick thanks, and we ran down the stairs, laughing the whole time.

When we had reached the pavement, we raced to his car and drove to his house, singing along to the radio the way there.

By the time we had got to his house, I was smiling wider than ever in my life, just realizing that I can spend the entire night at Jordan's again.

"I'm gonna go check the mail, one moment," Jordan said, climbing out of the car and walking the other direction.

I got out of the car and skipped to the front porch, eyes closed, humming along to He is We.