Chapter Nine - Wedding Dress

ELLIE'S POV

I groaned and moved, flopping over onto my side. I opened my eyes, smiled, and got out of my bed. I checked the time. 8:30.

I smiled and skipped to the bathroom in my bedroom, happy because I was going over Jordan's house at 9:30. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water drench over me.

I felt the ring on my left hand and started shifting it around. Why am I still wearing this? I thought. I quickly slipped it off of my finger and threw it onto the counter, opening the curtain slightly.

When I finished taking my shower, I dried my hair, and dressed into a CaptainSparklez t-shirt with some skinny jeans. I put on my beanie and grabbed my phone.

I ran down the stairs quickly and bolted to the door, hoping I wouldn't have to make any interactions with my mother.

"Honey, wherever you're going, be back by twelve o'clock, we're going--" my mother began to say from the kitchen table, but I slammed the door before she could finish her sentence.

I ran to Jordan's house, not bothering to take my car since we lived on the same street. I knocked on the door and stepped back.

Within seconds, Jordan opened the door, smiling. He brought me in for a hug and we walked into the house together.

We strolled into the kitchen together and Jordan took out the pancake mix. I grabbed it from him before he could make burnt pancakes.

"Hey!" he yelled playfully, running behind me to grab the box out of my hand. Before he could take it, I slipped out of the way and grabbed the bowl, already putting the ingredients in, all while giggling.

Once the batter was made, I took the spoon and flicked it towards Jordan's direction, getting it in his hair.

At first, his face was pure shock, and I was laughing harder than ever. But I stopped laughing when Jordan had an evil smirk playing on his face.

Jordan grabbed the bowl and started chasing me around the house. I was screaming, "No, Jordan! Don't do it!"

Eventually when we were both splattered with batter, we made pancakes.

At one point, Jordan had the last pancake on the pan and was ready to flip it when he said, "Ready, Ellie? Watch this!"

He flipped the pan and the pancake spun in mid air, and it came down, but only half of it made it, the other half landing on the tile floor.

"Shit..." Jordan muttered, laughing.

We settled down in the chairs of his small kitchen table and we began eating the pancakes while wiping the batter off us.

I was deep in thought about Jordan and I, how were we going to work out? I mean, I'm getting married in five and a half months...

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jordan asked suddenly.

I looked up at him and sighed. "Jordan, I'm getting married," I said to him for what must have been the millionth time in the past few weeks.

Jordan set down the napkin he was holding in his hands. "Yes, in five and a half months," he said, "And if that's all the time I ever get to spend with you, then I will spend every second of every day with you."

I felt my heart swell up and I leaned across the table and kissed him, a small peck, before getting up and putting both of our plates into the sink.

"But, hey, my offer's still out there. We could still do it. Move to LA, do whatever we want," Jordan proposed.

I shook my head. "Jordan, I already told you that can't happen."