Chapter Thirteen - The Pool

ELLIE'S POV

I quickly snatched the paper out of Jordan's hand, shoving it back into my pocket. "Nobody..." I mumbled, trying to walk into the bathroom and shutting the door.

Jordan stopped the door with his foot and quickly opened it before I had a chance to close it again.

"Ellie," Jordan began. "Tell me the truth."

I sighed. "Alright, alright! It was just the guy that accidentally switched his luggage with mine! He just stuffed it in my hand when I left! It's no biggie, okay?"

Jordan pursed his lips together into a straight line, then blew air out of his cheeks.

"Yah, yah, you're right. No biggie. C'mon, let's go to bed. You can unpack tomorrow morning, I'll help," he said, motioning for me to step out of the bathroom.

I smiled at him sweetly and kissed him on the nose before stepping out of the bathroom.

"Hey, Jordan, I can sleep on the couch, I think it's one that can turn into a bed," I said, opening my suitcase to get my pajamas out.

"No, no, no, no, Ellie, come on! We're on a honeymoon," Jordan said, laughing. "You are sleeping in the bed with me."

I laughed. "Alright, just let me get dressed," I said, walking into the bathroom.

When I had come out, Jordan was lying in the bed on his phone, scrolling through Twitter, shirtless, might I add.

I smiled and climbed in next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled into his bare chest, looking at his Twitter feed with him.

I began to think about how my mother said that I wasn't aloud to see Jordan again. Sure, I'm with him now, but once we get back... what's going to happen?

First, my mother is obviously going to kill me for leaving the house. Second, she's going to lock me in my room and take the wedding more seriously.

And third, which is the worst part, she's going to make Jordan never be able to see me again.

I sighed out loud, and Jordan turned to look at me. "What's wrong, baby?" he said.

"See? That's the thing. Once we get back to Santa Barbara, you won't be able to call me things like baby anymore... We're not going to be able to see each other again," I choked out, my throat closing up in tears.

There was a silence for a few moments. "I know what you're probably already going to say... But my offer about moving to LA--" Jordan began.

I sat up, cutting him off my placing my hand over his mouth. "Jordan, how many freaking times do I have to tell you before you understand? No!" I said, exasperated.

"Okay, okay! I just want you to know, Ellie..." Jordan said, taking my hands away and then holding them. "That... well... I-I... I love you, okay?"

I was shocked, to say the least. No one has ever told me that they loved me before, except for the six years of my life before Cassidy left, which was from my mother and father.

"I... I-I," I tried to say, tears brimming my eyes.

"Oh, no! Ellie! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry! Please don't cry, Ellie!" Jordan pleaded, moving in front of me and wrapping his arms around me.

After a few moments of sobbing into his chest, I managed to quietly say, "I'm... I'm scared, Jordan."

He unraveled his arms around me and got out of the bed, then kneeled beside, becoming level with my eyes.

"Why, baby?" Jordan said, a worried look in his eyes.

"I'm scared to say that I love you... because that means when I have to leave you... it'll hurt even more!" I wailed, beginning to feel the nerve-racking tears coming again.

At this point, Jordan clearly didn't know what to say, how to say that everything was going to be okay, because he knows that it won't.

"Come on, Ellie, let's just go to bed. We can think on this tomorrow, okay?" he said reassuringly, crawling in next to me.

I nodded and before seconds, I felt sleep overtake me.

The rays of the sun poured through the windows, and I winced when I opened my eyes again. Jordan wasn't in bed anymore, and I quickly made the bed and walked into the kitchen.

When I walked in, I saw Jordan already making breakfast. Or should I say, ordering breakfast, as he was on the phone with room service on the line.

I laughed and walked into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and almost screamed at the sight of me. 

Apparently not looking in the mirror for the past two days or so, your hair can get really messed up.

I brushed it out and changed into an outfit that consisted of shorts, and a CaptainSparklez t-shirt with the logo on it.

I walked out only to find Jordan hiding behind the door. When I closed it and began walking away, I almost screamed at the feeling of Jordan wrapping his arms around me.

I turned around and saw Jordan smiling his goofy half-smile with perfectly messy, toussled hair. I smiled, but it dropped when I though about how I wouldn't be able to stay with this man.

I closed my eyes and sighed, leaning into his chest.

"Hey, Ellie, how about we go down to the swimming pool, you know? Get your mind off of this whole... thing," Jordan said, rocking me back and forth.

"Damn it, that means I have to change again..." I muttered into his chest.

Jordan just laughed heartily and said, "You still up for it?"

I nodded into his chest and quickly grabbed my bikini and a thin dress from my suitcase and slipping into the bathroom, grabbing my shades along the way as well.

When I had changed, Jordan was already in his swim trunks and wearing a black shirt. He put on sunglasses and we headed down to the pool, getting swim towels from the lobby.

When we had stepped outside, we immediately claimed two beach chairs along the edge of the pool when I heard a voice behind me call, "Hey, Ellie!"

I turned around curiously, and saw Justin waving at me, wearing only his swim trunks. My eyes wandered to his abs, and I began to marvel at them until I felt Jordan shift next to me.

"Is that the guy?" Jordan whispered into my ear, as he began walking towards us.

He took off his shades, revealing his bright blue eyes and nodded toward Jordan's direction. "Who's this guy?" he asked casuaully.

I was about to introduce him to Jordan, but Jordan quickly butted in before I could say anything.

"Her fiance," he said, gripping my left hand and bringing it up, showing the engagement ring in all of its glory.

---

*PLEASE READ*

A/N Hey guys! I deeply, deeply, deeply x1000 apologize for this poopy chapter and how filler-like it seems! But ALL of what Ellie said about Jordan and her are needed for the upcoming chapters.

Hope you understand and liked it nonetheless! :)

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny