Epilogue - One And A Half Years Later

ELLIE'S POV

It's been one and a half years since Jordan and I ran away to LA together. We had vowed that we would lose touch to everyone in order to protect our secret.

It's been one and a half years since I've seen my mother, father, Cass, Mitch, or Santa Barbara.

At first, I was beginning to feel reluctant, rethinking over if there was any other solution.

"Jordan?" I had said, grabbing his hand and biting my lip nervously as the moving truck was packing away all of our furniture.

"Hmm?" he had replied, smiling.

"I'm not too sure about this anymore, Jor," I whispered, looking up at him.

He smiled down at me, then kissed me for a few seconds. And yes, that was the end of that argument.

I felt like being able to feel Jordan next to me all the time was worth leaving the place I had grown up in and leaving almost everything behind.

Now in the present, Jordan proposed to me three months ago, and I knew that I was faced with the dreadful fact that I would have to contact someone I'd tried to avoid for the past year and a half.

My mother.

I had changed mine and Jordan's numbers so we didn't get tracked down or somebody would try to contact us, so neither Cass or my mother had been able to get ahold of it.

I was standing in the bedroom, looking out the window into the city of LA, holding my cellphone in my hand.

I was gripping the tiny piece of paper in my other hand which consisted of Cass's phone number, and my mother's phone number.

First off, the easy one. Cassidy.

I punched in the number slowly, then finally pressed the call button. It rang for a few moments when I heard a male voice pick up.

"Hello?" the voice said. I knew exactly who that was.

"Hey, Mitch, it's been a while," I said slowly, smiling.

There was an intake of breath on the other side, then a pause. "Ellie! It's been so long! How are you? Is Jordan with you?" he said quickly.

"First off, mister, how are you and Cassidy doing?" I butted in before he could continue asking more questions.

I could almost see Mitch blushing on the other end of the line. "Oh... uhh... we're doing great, actually! I, uhh, proposed to her about a week ago," he replied.

"Oh my god! Congratulations! Can I talk to her right now?" I asked into the phone, biting my lip. "You know, if she's home?"

"Oh, yeah, sure thing!" I heard him say.

I waited patiently as I listened to Mitch call out to Cassidy. After a few moments of them conversing across the house, I heard screaming.

The volume of the screaming got louder and louder until I heard a female voice yell, "Give me the phone!"

"Hello? Ellie? Is that really you?" the voice said quickly into the phone.

I sniffled and smiled. "Yeah, yeah, Cass, it's really me," I replied.

"Oh my lord! I've missed you so much, El! Why did you leave? Why are you just calling me now?" she said, her voice getting quieter and quieter.

"I left because I wanted freedom," I said simply. "And I'm calling you right now to invite you and Mitch to me and Jordan's wedding in a couple--"

"AHHHHH!" I heard Cass scream in excitement. "My baby sis is getting married with me!" she said excitedly into the phone.

I couldn't help but laugh into the phone. "Yes!" I said, screaming along with her.

After reluctantly saying goodbye and also saying that we should keep in touch, I finally punched in my mother's cell phone number.

I took a deep intake of breath before I finally managed to press the call button.

The ringing lasted for quite a while until it finally clicked and I heard the familiar voice say, "Hello? This is Emily Quinn speaking."

I took a breath to say something, but my voice got caught in my throat.

"Hello? Hello?" my mother continued to say.

After a few moments, she took a quick breath and quietly said into the phone, "Ellie? Is that you?"

I felt myself take a shaky breath, sobs already beginning to build up in my chest. I swallowed them back and listened to my mother speak.

"Ellie, if that's you... I'm so sorry, I've been a terrible mother... Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, I just want you to know that I love you, and I miss you like crazy," she whispered into the phone, her voice cracking multiple times.

I pressed the end button before she could hear my loud sobs. Right there in the middle of the bedroom, I broke down and started crying on the floor.

I heard footsteps rushing towards the bedroom. "Ellie?" a worried Jordan called out.

He ran into the room without hesitation, and he immediately wrapped his arms around me, kneeling on the floor.

I dug my face into his chest as I let out all of the tears that my mother had built up in me. I let it all flow out until I felt like there was no more water left in me.

"Come on, Ellie, you can do this, I know you can," Jordan whispered into my ear.

I nodded and got up, grabbing my phone along the way. I punched in the number again, my thumb hovering over the call button.

When I had pushed it, it rang only once, and I heard my mother pick up again. "Hello?" she said hastily.

I took a deep breath and bit my lip, looking down at the floor.

I whispered quietly into the phone, my voice hoarse from crying, "Hi, mommy."

---

A/N Hey guys! I know a lot of you guys are probably really confused with how weird this epilogue was. I wanted to end this story with her mother and her no longer in a fight, just so it truly does seem like happily ever after. :)

If you would like to be aware of when I post the first chapter of my new fanfiction, you can either follow me or keep this in your library. (I will update this saying that I have a new book.)

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny