Bonus Epilogue II - Wedding

Hey, guys, Sunny here! If you're reading this, then that means that the bonus epilogue for Dreaming About You is either being written now, or is already published, so check that out! <3

God, SO MUCH NOSTALGIA! ;----; It was hard enough to end the book but now I have to write a bonus chapter... :( Oh, god... 

Bonus Epilogue II - Wedding

ELLIE'S POV

Jordan's grip in my hand tightened as we wove through the bustling crowd of laughing people. I was dressed in an elegant white, short dress while Jordan was dressed in a suit, something I was surprised to see him even own.

"Come on," I said quietly, pulling him forward, faster. "We might not have enough time!"

We rushed through the elegantly dressed people until we finally found the door. I pushed it open, to reveal Cassidy sitting on a small chair, her entire body being swarmed with makeup artists and hair stylists as she wore her wedding dress.

She glanced at the mirror in front of her, catching a glance of me and Jordan. Her eyes widened and she jumped up, letting the woman appying her eyeliner almost jab her eye out.

"Ellie!" she squealed, pushing past all the women by her side to come and hug me. "I've missed you so much!" She gave me a tight, gut-squeezing hug, giving one to Jordan as well.

She smiled then squealed as she looked back at Jordan and I standing together. "You guys are just so adorable! And you're getting married!" she squealed, grabbing both my hands in hers.

Suddenly, her grip slid up to my forearms, her long fingernails digging into the sensitive skin harshly. Her eyes were staring straight at the large ring on my finger.

"How many karats," she said monotonously, raising an eyebrow.

I tore my arms away from her and laughed, Jordan wrapping his arm around my waist. "More than yours I bet," I mocked, giggling.

She smiled widely, before a strict lady came bustling in to shoo me and Jordan out. We just linked arms and snuck into the chapel that was slowly filling up.

I saw Mitch standing at the top of the stairs, a playful and excited smirk dancing across his lips. I smiled at him and he nodded in reply, his smile beginning to grow wider.

My eyes grazed over the crowd carefully, trying to look out for the one person that I was both excited and dreading to see. My mother.

I couldn't see her anywhere, and I wasn't sure if I was disappointed or relieved. I took a deep breath before we settled down in our seats.

After conversing for a little while and leaning my head on Jordan's shoulder while he rested his hand on mine, I heard the organ begin to play the traditional wedding music.

My head jerked up and I looked over at the large french doors that revealed an absolutely adorable flower girl and ring holder, Cass and my father trailing behind them.

I saw her slowly trail down the carpet, an almost disbelieving look present on her face, as if she was still processing the fact that she was getting married at the moment.

I began to wander deep into my thoughts, until the priest's words rang from familiarity. "We are gathered here to join this man and this woman in marriage..."

My mind ventured into the section of memories that I forbade myself to dwell on again, when I had almost fully been married to a stranger, the man that my very own sister was just about to marry.

"Sell it on Craigslist! I don't care!" I yelled. I stormed right down the steps, grabbing the side of my dress. I ran right out of the chapel, taking my heels off so I could run faster. 

I almost laughed out loud at the thought of myself running out of the chapel like a madwoman. holding tall heels and wearing a puffy wedding dress.

I smiled, lacing my fingers deeper into Jordan's. He looked over at me and kissed my forehead just as the entire church erupted into cheers and claps.

I looked at the newlyweds, who were engrossed in a beautiful kiss marking the beginning of their marriage. I do and a kiss, then forever starts.

A while later, we were already at the reception, food being shoved down our throats left and right, while being pushed out onto the dance floor.

As Jordan and I were backing up to go and dance more, I immediately ran into somebody's back. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, whirling around.

The woman turned around, a polite smile on her face. "Oh, it perfectly--" she began. until her jaw dropped and the glass of champagne she was holding crashed onto the floor.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I took in the woman's features: her clearly dyed short brown hair with slight forehead creases.

"Mom," I whispered, Jordan unaware of anything that was occurring, as he was still facing the other direction and conversing with somebody else.

My mother and I never once again talked after the phone call I had sent to her, I hadn't even told her about the upcoming wedding between Jordan and I.

"I didn't think that... you would come!" my mother said, her hand cupping her mouth slightly from shock.

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure I would come to Cassidy's wedding, thank you very much, mother," I said, before a smile broke through and gave her a hug. 

"Mom, I want you to meet someone," I said, pulling away.

"Of course, dear!" she replied immediately.

I grabbed Jordan's hand and pulled him towards me. He turned around at my touch and locked eyes with my mother.

I saw her eyes light up with recognition, and her expression stoned when I said, "Mommy, I want you to meet Jordan, my fiance."

Her eyebrows furrowed together, and she pursed her lips into a straight line. Jordan look at my mother nervously, his hand squeezing mine slightly.

Her hardened face broke and she smiled widely, holding out her right hand. "Jordan," she began. "Welcome to the family."

A/N I have no words. This thing took so long to write, I rewrote it and rewrote it, and I'm still not quite satisfied. And the motherfreaking nostalgia waves just like... I can't deal. ;c

Hope you liked this little extra chapter, because I liked writing it, you know apart from the chest pains of revisiting my favorite ff I've written so far. 

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny