Chapter Fifteen - Two Months Later

Chapter Fifteen - Two Months Later (oh my goodness this was a chapter name in Dreaming About You... you all remember? XD)

ELLIE'S POV

That day, even though it was only four o'clock, I went straight to bed, only to be awoken by my mother opening my door loudly at three in the morning.

"Ellie Remy Quinn! It has been eleven hours since you slept, get your ass out here now!" my mother yelled, storming back down the stairs.

I groaned into my pillow, my eyes puffy and red after silently crying for a few hours.

I slammed open my door, crankier than ever and stomped down the stairs, ignoring the loud noises I was making.

When I got to the living room, my mom and dad were sitting on the couch. Both my mother's and father's arms were crossed, and they looked as though they were about to burst.

"Why the hell did you wake me up at three in the god damn morning!" I yelled, not even caring if I were to get scolded because of my harsh language.

"Where were you?" my father said calmly, trying to contain his anger.

"None of your freaking business," I said through clenched teeth.

"Where were you?!" my mother screamed, standing up, her robe trailing behind her.

"Hawaii," I said simply, not even flinching when she came face to face with me. I could feel her hot breath on my face.

I felt the familiar pain on my cheek when my mother brought her hand down. My head was forced to the side, but I just looked back at her, my eyes blazing.

I wouldn't let any tears fall. I already lost Jordan, and my mother slapped me. All I have left is my pride.

"I fucking hate you," I muttered under my breath, my hatred and anger twisting inside of me. "This all wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't force me to marry some god damn stranger!"

I felt her slap me again. "When was it acceptable to talk to your parents like that?" she said.

Parents? Parents?! Parents don't lock away their daughter for thirteen years. Parents don't hit their child. Parents don't make their daughter marry someone they don't even know.

"And who do you think you are?! MY MOTHER?!" I screamed, shoving past her and barging up the stairs.

I could feel her shocked gaze following me up the stairs. I guess that really hit her hard in the chest. I thought.

Right before I entered my room, I heard my mother say one last thing. "The marriage is moved. It's in three months."

I opened my room door, then slammed it behind me, not caring for the creaking hinges. I threw objects across my room, getting my anger out before I saw a photo of me and Jordan sitting on my bedside table.

I stared at it for a few moments, a deep, churning sensation burning through my entire body. I took it in my hands before I threw it into the trash.

*TWO MONTHS LATER*

At this point in my life, I didn't ever leave my room. My mom used to prefer this two months ago, but now I know she's worried for me. I didn't give a crap about her though.

I don't remember the last time I had a true meal. Sure, maybe a cracker or two every couple of days, but I never went down to eat, and I threw out the meals that my dad would try to make me eat in my room.

My phone buzzed constantly from texts from Mitch, asking where I was, if I was okay. I rarely responded to him, and the only time I did, was to tell him I was fine or to leave me alone.

Even my sister tried to contact me, but I never responded.

All day, every single day for the past two months, I would just sit out at my balcony, staring at Jordan's house on the other side of the road.

I felt like I was drowning. My soul was slowly sinking deeper and deeper into a pool of water that I didn't control. (This is a really important part of the story, just saying. :P)

Because I didn't eat, all the excess fat that I had on my stomach and my legs were gone. If you'd never seen me before, you wouldn't be able to tell that I didn't eat because I still had muscle from my high school track days.

But if you knew me before I lost all of this weight, you could clearly tell I was starving myself, even though I didn't mean to. I just didn't want to eat.

I would constantly check my phone to see if Jordan tried to contact me ever, but he never did. All I was looking at was the last message that he had sent me.

"I love you." Sent on January 20th, 3:05, in Hawaii.

One day, I saw a moving truck come by, stopping at Jordan's old house. Jordan? I thought wistfully. But when I looked again, I saw two people walk into the house, hand in hand into the house. Clearly wasn't Jordan.

My heart dropped into my stomach seeing that: two happy people enjoying each other's company, loving who they want to love, be with who they want to be with.

"Ellie?" I heard a soft voice say at the front of my room. I turned around through the balcony door and saw my mother standing there awkwardly, holding a basket.

Ever since a few weeks ago, when I entirely stopped talking to my mom, whenever she tried to talk to me, she would use the soft tone she'd always use when I was five.

I didn't reply, I just turned back around, staring at the men help move the objects from the truck to the house.

"Ellie?" my mother repeated louder, but still in the same tone.

"What?!" I snapped, turning around, my blazing eyes staring straight at her. She looked shocked at the sound of me speaking to her for the first time since the argument.

I was even shocked at my own voice. I hadn't spoken in over three weeks.

"Th-the new neighbors moved in today. It would be nice if you could give them this welcome basket," she said quietly, shifting her weight onto her other foot awkwardly.

I walked towards her and took the basket forcefully from her. "Wait, Ellie..." my mother began, but I just shouldered past her and stomped down the stairs.

I threw on shoes and walked down the street, stepping outside and moving for the first time in a while.

I could feel myself still drowning, even from the fresh air. The water was all the way up to my chest, and slowly creeping up my neck.

I saw the truck drive away, marking that all the furniture was brought inside, and I could give them the welcome basket.

I pushed away all the memories of Jordan and I together when I knocked on the door.

A girl about my age opened the door. I took in her profile: blonde and beautiful. She was taller than me, definitely more prettier, and had a better "body shape" then I did.

She looked like a stereotypical supermodel to be honest.

"Hi!" she said cheerfully, her wavy blonde hair bouncing.

"Hi," I responded meekly, my personality bland compared to hers.

"Babe, who's at the door?" I heard a familiar voice behind her call. A figure stepped forward behind her, and I stood frozen to the spot I was standing in.

Jordan.

---

A/N I was gonna write more, but I decided to leave it at a cliffhanger, as usual. ;)

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny