Chapter Twelve - Encounter

A/N Hope you enjoy. :)

Chapter Twelve - Encounter

ELLIE'S POV

I let the kind men at the front of the hotel building take my bags inside, and Jordan grasped my hand as we walked into the large building.

I smiled at the sight of a beautiful lobby with a large chandelier. I stared at the gorgeous paintings at the wall and the large amount of bustling people with employees dragging luggage around left and right.

Jordan led me to the counter near the back of the lobby while I dragged the suitcases that the employees had given back to us.

I began to absentmindedly move the ring that my mother had forced me to put back on up and down my ring finger.

"Maron," I heard Jordan say to the man opposite of the counter. He held onto my hand and rubbed his thumb across it.

I looked up at him, smiling, and the man had taken the keys to our rooms out of the drawer at that point. He smiled at us and said, "Hope you enjoy your honeymoon here, Mrs. and Mr. Maron."

I opened my mouth to say something, but Jordan quickly said, "Thank you, sir."

We began to walk away, dragging our suitcases behind us. I laughed out loud once we were in the elevator and out of earshot from the man at the counter.

"Really, Jordan?" I giggled, looking up at him.

He smiled back at me. "Well what was I supposed to say? Oh no, we're not married or anything, that ring on her finger is with this guy named Mitch who doesn't even know we're here," he shot back.

I laughed and leaned against his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head and we finally reached our floor.

When we had entered the hotel room, I gasped at the size of the hotel room, more like house. Also, how romantic everything seemed. 

Slightly dimmed, candles lining the walls, even the fancy bed had rose petals around it. 

"Jordan?" I called out to him.

"Yes?" he said, walking into the bedroom that I was in.

"What kind of hotel room is this?" I said, smirking.

He scratched the back of his head and looked down at his feet. "Um... the honeymoon suite..." he mumbled.

I laughed and ran up to hug him. "It's nice, I love it. Now let's unpack so we can get to bed," I said, releasing from the hug.

He nodded and I went to my suitcases. It was a generic red one with pockets on the front and sides. I opened it up and looked inside.

What? I thought. Why are there mens clothing in here? That isn't Jordan's...?

I sighed. Damn it, they must have switched my bags with someone else's. I thought, zipping the suitcase back up.

"Jordan, I have the wrong suitcase, I'm gonna go to the lobby! Be back soon!" I shouted to Jordan.

I heard him call back a response and I grabbed the suitcase, my keys, and I left the hotel room and took the elevator down to the lobby.

"Hi, sir, um, my suitcase was switched with someone else's, did anyone happen to come down here and say that there was a switch-up?" I asked the man at the counter.

"Oh, yes! There was a man that came here about five minutes ago. He's in room 14 on the fourth floor if you'd like to go retrieve it now," he responded.

"Okay, thank you!" I said, walking back to the elevator.

When I had reached the fourth floor, I stepped out and walked to the 14th room down the hall. I knocked on the door a few times, until I heard a voice say, "Coming!"

The door opened, and I immediately recognized the face at the door. "Justin?!" I exclaimed, shocked.

He scrunched up his face in confusion. "Um, yes, do I... do I know you?" he said, clearly confused.

He most likely didn't know me, I mean, he was the most popular guy during senior year, and I was the loser that had one friend who ate lunch in the bathroom.

Also the fact that after senior year ended, I finally got my braces off, I lost weight, changed my style, and got contact lenses.

"Um, you probably don't know me. But I went to high school with you. I'm Ellie Quinn," I said, sticking my hand out.

He stared back at me in shock, his mouth slightly open. "Ellie? That's you? Wow! You've changed a lot!" he exclaimed, stepping back. "I mean you're even more beautiful now!" he blurted out.

I blushed intensely, and he shook my hand. "So, you do know who I am?" I asked.

"Well, yah, you were in my english, math, health and art class," he said, scratching the back of his neck. "And I mean you were kind of cute."

I laughed nervously at that comment. After a few moments of awkward silence, he finally spoke up and said, "So, uh, what brings you to my hotel room?"

"Well, I think I have your luggage and you have mine," I explained, grabbing the suitcase behind me and putting it in front of me.

"Oh, thank god!" he said, running into his room and bringing a suitcase out from it. "I opened this up and thought, 'What? I don't remember bringing a bikini here.'"

I laughed at his humor and took my suitcase as he took his. "Thanks. Anyways, it was nice to see you again, Justin," I said, about to walk away towards the elevator.

"Wait! Stay right there, I'll be right back," he said, running inside.

He came back out a few moments later and stuffed something in my hand and said, "It was nice to see you too, Ellie."

He kissed my cheek and closed the door. I lifted my hand to my cheek and shook my head, laughing slightly.

When I entered the elevator, I opened up the crinkled piece of paper. It read, "Hey, must be fate. Call me. ;)" with his phone number on the side.

I laughed loudly and exited the elevator.

When I had entered the hotel room, I set my suitcase down and accidentally dropped the piece of paper while Jordan walked in.

"Oh, let me get that for you," he said sweetly, bending down to pick it up.

"Oh, no, Jordan--" I began, reaching from the paper, but by the time I tried, he had already read it.

"Ellie? Who is this from?" he asked quietly.

---

A/N Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! :)

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny