FOUR

A couple boys enter the school. The first gunshot rings out at 2:17 pm. The students in the library all snap their heads up and the librarian doesn't even hesitate to get up and close the door. Everyone can see everything through the glass.

Kids are ducking down under the table, the atmosphere changing completely. It was utter terror.

Louis sinks down behind one of the shelves, waiting for any opportunity he had to make it into one of the study rooms that were in the library. His heart was pounding in his ears and Louis thought he could be sick right there. He could hear the obnoxious and forceful banging on the library door before a gunshot rang out and the door was pushed open. He slips under a nearby table and clamps his hand over his mouth. He can hear screams and pleads before the deafening sound of a gunshot rings out and it's silent again.

The announcement comes over the intercom and for a moment, everyone's in a state of confusion.

'Attention all students, the school is going into lockdown, it is not a drill, teachers and students, go into lockdown.'

Harry's teacher walks swiftly to the door and shuts and locks it, pulling the blinds over the window. He's acting as calm as he possibly can.

"Get back into the corner, turn your phones off and don't make a sound," he said firmly.

Kids were already upset as everyone shimmied into the corner. Harry pushed himself up and slipped back against the back wall, huddling together with other classmates. As soon as he heard the gun shots ring out through the hallway, the reality of the situation settled in. It wasn't just a single intruder who decided to wander into a school.

The girl beside him had her hands over her mouth and Harry saw tears on her cheeks. He was stunned, but he grabbed onto one of her hands, a comfort for both of them. Harry was okay until he realized that Louis was in the library.

His eyes widen and his heart starts to thud.

Bang!

He jumps. It's a lot closer now. He squeezes his eyes shut and prays that Louis was able to find safety in time. This was nothing but an absolute nightmare. Harry couldn't believe this was happening and he wanted nothing more than to wake up from this all.

The girl next to him grips his hand. Harry holds onto hers in an equally tight grip.

Bang!

It sounds like it's right outside the door. The room is dead silent. Kids jump and try to stifle their sobs as the doorknob jiggles.

Harry can't help but wonder if this is it, if this is the way he was going to die. At the same time, he's proud of his classmates for being able to stay quiet as the doorknob continued to violently jiggle. He looks over at his teacher whose eyes are glued to the door. Everyone stares and waits for the door to fly open or stop. It's either one of those outcomes and Harry can only hope for the latter.

Sa