FIVE

Harry's mind is racing a million miles an hour. His eyes are closed and he's focusing on being as silent as possible. His hand is shaking as he grips onto the girl's hand. She has her hand clasped over her mouth, but he can still tell she's crying.

The door never opened. Whoever was there had moved on, but Harry knew that they weren't out of the woods yet. The more silent it was, the more unsure everyone was becoming. Gun shots were still going off, but they were getting further and further away. Harry feels the girl's hand relax slightly in his, but he still had Louis in his mind.

Louis had crawled to one of the study rooms once the library got quiet. He pulled the door shut and looked into the room, seeing a couple other terrified students huddled together. Louis sits on the floor against the door, thinking of Harry and hoping that nothing bad had happened to him.

"Who were they?" one of the boys asked who were sitting across from him.

Louis just shakes his head. He didn't want to talk, he didn't want to think about what was all happening. He wanted the bell to ring and he wanted to go home with Harry for their movie night. That was all he wanted. Louis squeezes his eyes shut as yelling started to fill up the library, a lot of voices this time. The kids sitting in front of him gasp out and scramble to their feet. Louis was forced up and turned, only to be facing men in tactical gear. He throws his hands up and the two men started waving their hands.

Louis was ushered into a group of students. He looks around. There's bodies on the floor, three that he can see. Everyone is in shock, huddled together. Louis joins the group and they are quickly ushered out to the front door of the school, their hands being forced to stay on their heads until they were out.

There was so many people outside. Police men and parents looking desperately and hoping that their child was one of the ones who were able to get out. Louis swallows thickly and is brought over to be searched before being ushered away.

Harry was still in his classroom. He can hear yelling in the hallways. He can hear a barrage of bullets being fired off in the distance and then it was silence. There was a sudden banging on the door and Harry jumped up, tightening back on the girl's hand he was holding.

"Police! Open the door! Is anyone in there?" they called out.

Harry's teacher jumped up and rushed to the door, peaking through the blinds to confirm before unlocking the door. As soon as he did, five men dressed in riot gear charged in and escorted the teacher out of the room. The other four came up to the students and ordered to stand up and put their hands on their heads. Everyone complied. There was no arguing and there was no complaints. Everyone was doing what they were told.

When Harry got into the hallway, groups of kids were being escorted out with their hands above their head. There was so much agony. Kids were sobbing and some had blood on their clothes. Not their blood. Harry dropped his eyes to the floor and walked down the stairs before being led out of the school.

The amount of horror that was outside was indescribable. Parents were flooding the grounds, calling out their children's names and some not getting a reply. Harry heard his name and looked up seeing his mum searching the crowd. He pushed through and as soon as he was with her, their arms were clasped around each other.

"Oh my god Harry!" she exclaimed with so much relief.

"Mum..." he whimpered out, letting his emotions overcome him. She tightened her grip on him and rocked him like she used to do when he was younger.

"You're okay... you're okay..." she murmured out softly and Harry could feel her own tears falling onto his shirt.

"Louis..." he whispered out, the relief flushing from his body.

"I'm sure he's okay..." she said softly, a look of fear on her face despite of what she was saying.

Harry's head was flying around, but it was nearly impossible. There were almost 1000 kids out here plus all of the police officers and parents and teachers. Harry choked out a horrified sob and fell back into his mum while she held onto him with no sign of letting him go.

Louis stood with his mum and held onto her tightly. His body was shaking and he was trying so hard to keep it together.

"Louis, baby, you're okay..." she whispered next to his ear, running her hands through his hair.

"What if Harry isn't..." he choked out, sniffling thickly.

"I'm sure he's okay... didn't you say he was upstairs?"

"That doesn't mean he's safe..." he murmured out and hiccupped.

Louis' mum frowned and picked up her phone. "Why don't I call his mum... she's probably here too..." she said softly, just wanting her son to be okay.

"Please?" he whispered, resting his head on her shoulder.

Anne's phone started to ring and she picked it up without even seeing who it was.

"Johanna? Yes Harry's with me... we're over on the east side of the school... yeah we'll meet you in the middle... okay... okay for sure, we'll be right there."

8