Introduction

There are many myths, legends, and books about the fabled dragons. They are one of the few constants in this world, their presence enchanting the imaginations of millions. Countless books have been written about them, presenting them in all different kinds of light. Most of these are stories of particular dragons, but there are also numerous guides and books about all the species and classifications of dragons. Many of them are incomplete because, well, there are so many of them! For every one dragon discovered, there are at least a hundred more to discover. However, despite this, there are some dragons that are known to all. They are often referred as the Primal Races. These dragons are the ancestors of all modern dragons today, embodying the very elements that make up this world: water, fire, earth, air, light, darkness. But what, exactly, is a dragon? Many authors and imaginations have come up with thousands of unique and creative portraits of this magnificent beast. But the truth? Far more unique and creative than anyone could have imagined.

Originally, the dragons were little more than a wisp of wind, a large stone, a tiny stream, a flicker of flame. But over time, somehow they grew in strength and power, and sentience until they became masters of their element. They used the materials found in their home to make a physical body, and from there they intermingled and bred the next generations of dragons. And so it went on to this day. From the first the later generations of dragons inherited their control over the elements. And from them came new, unique dragons, until the entire world was populated with them.

Many of them do not provoke unless provoked. Generally the dragons are peaceful and have no direct quarry with humanity. However, a few species of dragon are perilous to humankind. Many have great knowledge and wisdom, but they do not truly understand concepts such as good and evil. Therefore there is no dragon that is good or evil. Such things are better left to humanity.

There have been many guides written about these magical creatures. I hope that mine will be unique to all the others. And that it will teach you a little more about these marvelous beasts.