It's Percy Not Pepper Or Potty

Why do you have to watch your baby cousin?Cant your sister Annabeth do it?

You groaned and sat on the living room couch, watching your two year old cousin Amber Rosia play.Her dark grey eyes closely watched the green stuffed frog that played music whenever you pressed its stomach. "You're so easily entertained. I wish all babies were like you."You said. Its not like you didnt like Amber,you loved her because she was a)family and b)beyond adorable. The problem was that you had plans with Percy and now you were stuck here instead. You picked your cousin up off the sofa, as the doorbell wrung, "Come on Amber,lets go see who is being annoying"

The doorbell must have wrung six times until you managed to get there. With Amber in one arm, you opened the door with your other hand and saw the one-and-only Percy Jackson.

His jet black hair hung in his vibrant green eyes and the dorkiest smile played on his lips.
He had a dark navy and red flannel on over a washed out New York graphic tee shirt,blue jeans,and a washed out pair of red converses. His eyes lit up when he saw you and brightened even more when he saw Amber. "Amby!"he exclaimed and went to take her from you,lifting her up in his arms.

"Pepper!"she giggled and you laughed. Amber never got his name right.It was always either Pepper or Potty,but never Percy. He laughed and kissed the side of her head.Percy never had a sister growing up and by the time his family adopted his brother Nico,they were already pre-teens. 

Percy's attention moved from the two year old who was playing with his hair to you,"Hello Miss Y/L/N."

"Hi Potty"you teased which resulted in him rolling his eyes.You gestured for him to follow you inside then closed the door. Both of you sat on the couch, while Amber sat on his lap. Her attention towards Percy was immediately lost when she saw her stuffed animal again.

"How'd the swim meet go?"you asked, leaning your back against the couch. Percy was part of Olympus High's swim team. He was the best swimmer they had and won ever competition he's been in. Today he was supposed to attend a swim meet and practice before the semester's end.

"Great.Some college scouts were there, so they saw my scores and I got to talk to a few of them."

"Thats amazing, Percy. Im really happy for you."You said smiling at him.

"Thanks Y/n. Im really hoping they'll consider me." you could see the pure excitement on his face, but hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Im positive they will" you reassured him. 

Amber bent her head back to look back up at Percy. He scrunched his nose as he smiled at her, before bending down slightly to rub his hair against her forhead. " P-Potty!" she giggled again before sneezing and Percy just laughed.

"Right. Thats me.Potty Jackson"

***

Percy watched Amber with you for the following two hours before your twin sister, Annabeth ,got home. You and Annabeth were twins but werent identical. You two shared a few similar features and interests but that was it. She got most of her looks from your mom,and you got most of your looks from your dad. But you two still got along like bestfriends.

Annabeth walked in and sat on the couch beside you, opposite of Percy. She smiled when Amber crawled from Percy's lap to her's. "Hi Percy", she said when she caught him staring at her. His face flushed a noticeable shade of red.

"H-hi Anna"he stuttered.Love struck idiot. Every since you and Annabeth moved in next door to the Jacksons when you both were six, Percy has had the biggest crush on her. You were about to get up and leave to try and give them some 'alone time' to talk but Percy's phone rang.

"Hello.Yeah okay, Ill pick you up. See ya dude."Percy said then hung up.

Annabeth looked at him as he stood up,"Leaving?"she asked and you could see the disappointment. Ugh date already.

He nodded,"Nico wants me to pick him up from the arcade."

"Ah the famous 'Ghost of Olympus'."Annabeth said and Percy chuckled.

"Yeah that's my brother."

"How come he's never hug out with us?"You asked. You have maybe said ten words to Nico since the Jacksons adopted him. You've tried to have Percy invite him to hang out with you guys, but Nico always declines the offer.

"He's just a major introvert around others."

"Even your parents?"Annabeth asked and Percy shook his head.

"No, he jokes around with them and me but besides us, he'll hardly talk."he shrugged, "Well I better go.Bye Ann, Bye Y/n and Amby" Amber looked up at Percy and stuck her tongue out,and in reply Percy did the same.

***

It was Friday night and the only plans you had were eating (favorite food) in your sweatshirt and shorts. You were watching tv on your bed when you noticed a light come on in the house beside you.You glanced over and noticed Nico's bedroom light on.

Your house and the Jackson's place were really close and the inner layouts were the same. So you had one of the two bedrooms on the second floor and Annabeth had the other.Percy commented awhile back how he and Nico had the upstairs bedrooms as well. So you and Percy used to leave your windows open and talk at night.When his parents adopted Nico and they started to share the bedroom, Percy eventually moved to the other room across the hall,leaving Nico in his old bedroom. Out of habit,you occasionally forget to close your window and will notice Nico's room light up when he walks in. His curtains are always closed so you only get this faint dim light cast in your room, just like tonight. So you got up out of bed and closed your window, before going back to watch your show.